Where are the promised games ?

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Games are important and games are the major selling point of any OS. The era of PSP is long gone now coz no one's going to carry a separate device for gaming and for calling. With heavy specs of a device comes heavy expectation of how apps will take advantage of that. Games like real racing 3 and most wanted and GTA have amazing graphics for a handheld device and Lumia's snapdragon can easily deliver such games but there's nothing here that actually uses the core specs to its max and why I'm complaining is coz gameloft gave high hopes last times launch of WP 7.5 phones, it released few titles to show some progress then horribly delayed asphalt 5 (when the world is playing asphalt 7) and some horribly old version of real soccer. Windows Phone is seriously the best OS out there, iOS is too dull and Android is a ditto copy but why such crappy OS sell is coz of the amazing app collection they have and beautiful HD games. I don't know why developers also treat us like second class user base and we get all the horrible ports of their OS, now the real story will be clear once all the sales figures are out and one would actually know how much the market share has increased for more developers to come our way. I guess more 3 years down the line windows phone would be all established just like iPhone but god knows till then what craze is there in the apple and Samsung family which will again over shadow us WP users

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Id never play anything that requires timing or precision like a shooter on a phone. Id MUUUUCH rather have a PSP if I had to go without a mouse/keyboard setup.

Playing a FPS or 3rd person shooter with touch controls is like eating your own foot. It just sucks.

Games like FF and IloMilo and Chrono Trigger, though... bring them on. And racing games are good.

guyverl

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just wish they'd update Pacman CE DX to have the same amount of content as the console versions... at least that's exclusive to Windows Phone so far :D

zephyrwala

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Infact I say bring majority of Xbox titles to WP8. Every OS has its flaws but it gets covered by the quality\quantity of apps but WP8 is perfect so far but the lack of apps brings the dent of imperfection on it which is totally not fair. Lumia 920 deserves to be selling like iPhone 5 coz its such an amazing feature packed phone where all the android and iPhones fall short but people hesitate to jump on the Lumia wagon despite the phone being perfect is coz of the lack of apps from instagram ( I don't use it but its a big selling point for any OS) to Spotify to variety of games to even whatsapp which had a buggy version but has disappeared claiming a super fast wp8 version will be there with new emote support ! This should have been there while the Phones were released and not now as giving some favor to a beggar, new updated whatsapp is there on other OS since ages ! Come on developers, step up and make this OS live up to what it deserves

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I completely agree... with the botched up launch and months of nothingness makes me wonder if MS actually has a dedicated WP team. (feels like I just adopted a faster WP7). I had/got high hopes for WP8 BUT i'm not going to make excuses for them.

going to be interesting to see what happens when BB10 launches and see if they bring the support and apps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs