HOW do i make a window phone 8 app?

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
i have a couple of awesome ideas for an app, but zero experience on making or coding... where would one start to see their dreams conceptualize to paper then app? i really think if we want more apps... we might as well start making them... i have several great ideas... would love to see happen. any leads thanks.. and yes i know about the core77 lightening contest... i'm looking every where... i don't know anything about visual studio 2012

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You should probably start by learning one of the languages that can be used to write a WP App: C# or C++ and XAML, or HTML and JavaScript.Without being fairly proficient in either of those, you're not gonna really understand the development materials and documentation for WP8. Best of luck

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
You should probably start by learning one of the languages that can be used to write a WP App: C# or C++ and XAML, or HTML and JavaScript.Without being fairly proficient in either of those, you're not gonna really understand the development materials and documentation for WP8. Best of luck

I don't believe that HTML and Javascript can be used to write a WP app, only a Win8 app. C# and C++ on the other hand, can.

If you're new, I'd stick with C# as it would be the simplest way to get started. The tools are available for free, but if you're a student, you can get more advanced tools through DreamSpark (also free).

I'm a developer so feel free to PM me if you want and I can answer any questions you may have.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried some html5 pages/demos on lumia710 and they worked so my guess is you could try to make some (simple) apps using it that would work on wp phones. I'm afraid however they would be not efficient, slow and hard to control. Also they would not be available via market. So I guess your best bet would be to start learning programming on c# or c++.

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe that HTML and Javascript can be used to write a WP app, only a Win8 app. C# and C++ on the other hand, can.

If you're new, I'd stick with C# as it would be the simplest way to get started. The tools are available for free, but if you're a student, you can get more advanced tools through DreamSpark (also free).

I'm a developer so feel free to PM me if you want and I can answer any questions you may have.

WOW... i just finish the windows lightening design review... and they showcased my APP DESIGN...i'm going to draw it up on a vector software and showcase it here for you guys... they really like my idea... and thank you for the insight full tips.. i'll take you up on that offer about PM questions... i think right now, we need more team work from designers and developers... i can't code but i got great ideas and design.... and some cash to invest a small project.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99