Mint banking app replacement

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they are working on it, but do not have a timeframe yet. This is what they told me.

Me: Do you plan on providing a App for Windows Phone
8? I would like to start using Mint, but my wife and I both have WP8 phones and
it would be much easier to use if we have an app to use.

Mint: And thanks for your interest in seeing Mint.com on mobile platforms besides iOS
and Android. We periodically review the marketplace and consider support for
any mobile platform adopted by a significant percentage of our users specially
with Windows Phone 8. In the meantime you can access Mint.com on any mobile browser, or via SMS
text-message: Just text ?bal? to shortcode ?MYMINT (696468).

Me: Can you please provide a time frame of when an
app will be available? Is there a team already working on a app or is Mint
really in the phase of just considering an app? Is there supposed to be a mobile web version of
Mint? When I log in to the site from my Nokia Lumia 920, all I see is the full
site which is pretty hard to use from the phone.

Mint: I just personally did a follow up with your
request into our engineers. They are now currently working on it and
formulating the best resolution towards this issue. Unfortunately we cannot
provide an ETA due to the reason that our production team is experiencing also
a high traffic volume of inquiries and requests. Please extend your patience us we work together to add a Mint app at windows.

Here's another response I got.

Good day!

Yes our Product Team are currently working on to have an app for Windows 8 mobile platform, in line with the request of our users to have an app for Windows phone 8, however, we cannot provide you the ETA.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Ronald
Mint.com

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
For Canadians thinking of using Mint...a big big big warning....:

"Consumers should be aware that if they disclose their online banking information to any other party, including financial aggregators, they may risk losing their protection against unauthorized transactions. Some financial institutions’ user agreements clearly state that users will be responsible for unauthorized transactions if they provide other parties, including financial aggregators, with their passwords and account information."

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Got this feedback from Mint:
Good day!

Thanks for contacting Mint.com, and for your interest in a Mint.com application for Windows Phone. Our Product Team is still exploring this opportunity. Currently, this development is still in our future plans and we're continuing to keep an eye on it and monitor the demand, and if that changes (and resources open up), we’ll revisit this decision.

Thank you for patience and understanding. Feel free to email back if you have other concerns.

Best,
Eddielyn
Mint.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss