WP8 email integration with calendar, maps

knd46

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from IOS to WP8 (with a Lumia 920) and don't regret it yet. Here are a few questions/wish to have:

1. The iphone would recognize events, addresses in the email text and highlight them so that I can either create a calendar event or open the address in maps. I found this feature very useful and I miss it on WP8.

2. Is it possible to search the email on the server? When I try searching it only seems to search the email downloaded on my phone. There should be an option to continue the search on the server

3. Is there a way (in the settings) to automatically download the images in an email message?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The email client does recognize addresses in the body of the message and will open it in maps, not sure about the event one. How are the events normally formatted?

You should get an option to continue the search on the server, what kind of email account are you using? It works for me with both Google and Exchange accounts. If you scroll to the bottom it should say something about "search more."

You cannot have it automatically download pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon