People hub crashes when changing contact's picture

tripleM87

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
I just received my new red Nokia Lumia 920.
I connected it with facebook, Skype, Gmail and Outlook.com. In my people Hub I only show entries of Gmail (where most of my contacts are saved), Skype and Facebook.
Normally WP8 chooses the Facebook contact image as the default Contact image. When I try to edit a contact, I can choose whether WP8 shows the Gmail Picture or the Facebook Picture. But when I choose the Gmail Picture, I can resize the image, but when I save it, the whole app crashes and doesent change anything.
When I don't Link a contact with gmail AND facebook, everything is fine. Any thoughts about that?

Last edited:

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contact hub crashes when changing contact's picture

sorry, you have to edit the title..thx for making that known....I tried to change a contact photo from Hotmail contact photo to a Facebook photo and it crashed on me too. I had no idea that was a problem. Glad that you brought it to everyones attention...hopefully someone who reads these will figure it out

tripleM87

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contact hub crashes when changing contact's picture

So I found out the following:

1. When your People Hub has crashed you have to restart your phone, because otherwise you cannot see who's calling you, you only see the number, but no name, quite annoying.

2. And the People Hub only crashes when you associated the contact with a skype account! So here is a little workaround: disconnect the skype account and change the image of the contact. Afterwards you can connect the skype contact again, the image will stay the same. Hope this helps some of you. Where can I submit this bug to Microsoft?

Ruslan.al

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here. It took me quite a while to find a workaround. It's also happened without having a Skype contact. You will need to unlink all contact's accounts, sync each email account that has contact info. Then link first account with your favorite picture with another (for some reason phone will associate Hotmail picture by default if exists) and then try to change it. If you have more than 2 accounts, link them later.
This bug needs to be reported to Microsoft, but I can't find an easy way to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs