Profile settings

geluadi

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

i dont know if is possible at this moment to have ring profiles that switch based on time of day and location .

I miss this options... Is a limitation of WP8 or must wait for a app.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there are APIs that allow developers to do that sort of thing unfortunately :/ Time and Location based profiles would be very nice

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
if you want this, petition @SituationsApp on twitter. They have the knowhow and they have an excellent app for Symbian. They will need to repartner with Nokia to get native access, but this can happen.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I think they are just concerned about apps being able to change settings without the user knowing about it. That is why they best we get is direct links to the settings

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well they need to get over themselves about that, because in order to have proper, modern, control over the phone, context awareness is essential.

geluadi

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
To understand this better please let me know:

-MS is afraid about something opening the possibility to have this app because some safety reason?
-is not possible based on actual api to realize such app?
-is not such important app for them?

I am on HTC-8X and if i forget to turn off the ringtone for emails and socials app ,surely at 02:00 AM or 04:00 AM i have something like : DING-DONG!!! WTF!!!

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
This is what I miss in Lumia 820 and I missed it from the day I switched to Xperia X1 from Imate SP5m. HTC who was the OEM had implemented this in the Imate. X1 I missed it but got G Profile from ageye. It worked on my Aspen too. But now have to manually switch to silent at night, switch on bluetooth while driving in the morning, set ring volume to mid at office, make it high when reaching home, etc. Too bad Nokia or MS did not think of this app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs