"Rooms" - Invitee being told that they are already a member?

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This morning I tried to set up the "Rooms" feature for my wife and I to join a Family Room, that I plan to invite the many other Windows Phone users in my family to join. My wife and I are both have Lumia 920's and our phones are both linked to the same Microsoft Account. When I invited my wife to the room, she got the text message to join and when she tried to accept, she received a notification that she was already a member of the room. When I look at the room that I set up though, she is not listed as a member.

Has anyone encountered this? Is it because we are on the same Microsoft Account? My understanding was that the Rooms feature was linked through phone number, not through the Microsoft Account, because when I set it up, it does not ask me which e-mail address or Microsoft Account I want to invite to the room; it asks which of her phone numbers I would like to invite.

If anyone has any tips on how to get this working, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
While it normally does identify invitees by phone numbers; if they are using a WP8 device, it looks at their MS account. People on WP devices have access and abilities in rooms that non-WP8 people don't have. Part of this is linked to your MS Account.

I would guess that the same would hold true with a WP7.x device too. Your phone number is linked to your account, even if you have more than one number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs