WM6 Contacts --> Nokia 920 HELP!

tim051

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I just got a 920, and am pulling my hair out trying to get my contacts from my old Tilt 2 (HTC WM6 with energy ROM) transferred. I have all of the contacts on my desktop (I use it to sync with the Tilt2 using activesync.

Nokia says to do it through live.com, but logging into live.com with the Tilt2 I don't see how to transfer my contacts. Looks like there are even special apps to do the transfer for you if you are coming from an Android or iPhone.

Actually, being an old fuddy-duddy, I'd just as soon not transfer all of my contacts up to a cloud somewhere & hope nobody else might get their hands on them.

What are my options for transferring my contacts?

Thanks,

Tim

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Since you mentioned you sync directly with ActiveSync, I must assume your contacts are on a Outlook client on your computer then? You should be able to export them to a file then import them into your Live account. I know you said you were unsure about the cloud, but I wouldn't worry about it. :)

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The live or hotmail email address you use should save the contacts. So when you first boot up your 920 you log in on your main live/hotmail email and it will automatically download all the contacts from that live/hotmail account into your people hub.

tim051

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out.

exported contacts to .csv file
Logged into live.com
uploaded .csv to there
logged into live.com from the 920 & did a sync.

All done.

Thanks for the bandwidth.

Tim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa