google. I'm out of their ecosystem 100% now.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just deleted my gmail account and shut down my google account.

Bye, google.

The way you are "waging war" on MS now by doing things like making anti-WP tweets, removing activesync....

Reminds me of what a three year old would do.

"OMG MS IS ACTUALLY SUCCEEDING SO WERE GOING TO GET ALL BUTTHURT NOW".

Last edited by a moderator:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: **** google. I'm out of their ecosystem 100% now.

I'm getting away from my gmail accounts and never did use google+ and all that other stuff.

Funny how Google at the start tried to make themselves out to be a company for the people but now they are showing their true colours. Out of MS, Apple and Google, Google seems to have the most insecurity.

DHHSMichael

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Just made an account to express my disappointment with Google. Just moved all my accounts from my GMail to Outlook.

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Now what kinda email account is everyone using? Is outlook microsofts email? Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm new to windows phones

mach1man

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

ok cool. So do I just go to microsofts home page to set up an outlook account? and is there any easy way to get my mail switched from gmail to my new one?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

^ ha ha ha thats funny!! So google is trying to be like APPLE?

Not at all... with Apple you at least know what you are getting:

• You know that Apple will maintain tight control over everything from hardware, to software, to their entire ecosystem. Nobody else allowed.
  • You know Apple will ban competitors at a whim, because iOS isn't an open platform on which companies are welcome to do business... iOS is only a platform for Apple's business.
  • You know Apple will sell you overpriced products in exchange for printing the Apple logo on them.
  • You know that Apple builds devices with limited functionality, in exchange for stability and something so simple even your grandmothers dog can learn to use them.

Some of those things may be good or bad, depending on what you expect from technology, but they are all well understood. Apple readily admits to them. We know how Apple earns it's money.

With Google nobody knows... we know they will search through your social network, your contacts, every e-mail you received and every e-mail you ever sent on gmail, your maps, what books you read, what websites you visit, what movies you watch, everything. But we have no idea what information they extract and who it is sold to. They are champions of saving the internet from government regulations (very good), while aspiring to control it entirely themselves (bad).

When was the last time you encountered a company who's dealings are so mirky, that they found it necessary to come up with a slogan explaining what the don't do (evil)?

Last edited:

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

ok cool. So do I just go to microsofts home page to set up an outlook account? and is there any easy way to get my mail switched from gmail to my new one?

Go to outlook.com and set up a Windows Live account or use your preexisiting one you made when you started using your Windows Phone. You will easily find instructions on the home page as to how to import your emails and contacts from any other account. If you want to get rid of Gmail altogether, you'll want to set up forwarding from Gmail to the new account as well as an auto-reply to all emails saying that your address has changed.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Thieving google is scared ****less by the inevitable rise & potential of Windows Phone.
Notice I didn't capitalize its name, that's becos its a trivia & mediocre non-entity.
Thanks guys for enlightening me in this forum on the hideous agenda of this non-entity.
I am going to do my own spring-cleaning of this google craps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077