WhatsApp Update Ready

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp has been released today. It doesn't seem to show up in the Windows App Store yet, however, you can go directly to the app via their website.

on your Windows Phone, go to www.whatsapp.com and select Download.

enjoy...

wazoomie

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Speed improvement. Chat bubbles are fixed width, just like in the Messaging hub. No more Apple emoji. Option to email convos. Haven't seen the music thingy so far.

This is the first GOOD update. Whatsapp feels solid now. :love:

tripleM87

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't use music to stay connected neither!
But I did not install the buggy version in the first place, so maybe you have to get rid of it before

Edit: Does anyone else have this problem: I can send a picture, but no screenshots!

Last edited:

wazoomie

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh and video recording works again :excited:

Weird thing is how it handles Windows and Apple emoji. It shows Apple emoji in your chats and it shows Windows emoji in the textarea and on the homescreen. Looks weird. :eck:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Music thing defo. Didn't have any version before. I was one left without it after hard reset. The notifications clear now which is the best bit. From toast or tile loading time beats my brothers htc one x ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Also only disappointment against expectations scenario is - no lock screen notification still :(

But over all I'm impressed esp now that 12 of my whatsapp friends love my instant replies already :p

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
it had the correct date on the one i was looking at.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/whatsapp/218a0ebb-1585-4c7e-a9ec-054cf4569a79

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok you can't I tried. I also tried to send a video which still hasn't left in 5 minutes. Typical Whatsapp, release a fix and break several things in the process. How come they haven't fired their WP developers yet? Android and iOS versions seem to be just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett