Cannot sign into google account in IE10

urs.meili

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
on my brand new HTC 8X, I simply want to sign into my Google account in IE10. It doesn't work, neither in mobile nor in desktop mode.
When I tap on "Sign in", I enter my user name & password. Then I click on the "sign in" button. The browser quickly shows "Click here to continue", and then goes back to the search home page, without signing me in.

I feel a bit dumb that this is not working - it was no problem on all my previous phones.

Does anyone else have this problem?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
on my brand new HTC 8X, I simply want to sign into my Google account in IE10. It doesn't work, neither in mobile nor in desktop mode.
When I tap on "Sign in", I enter my user name & password. Then I click on the "sign in" button. The browser quickly shows "Click here to continue", and then goes back to the search home page, without signing me in.

I feel a bit dumb that this is not working - it was no problem on all my previous phones.

Does anyone else have this problem?

maybe issues on Google side?

urs.meili

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried clear browsing data, and restarted the phone. I also ensured that cookies are accepted. It's still the same behaviour.

If I type in a wrong password, the system recognizes this. This means, the communication principally works. But I still do not get logged in.

Can anyone with a HTC 8X confirm this?

urs.meili

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I found the solution. It seems to have something to do with the country-specific redirection . Because I live in Switzerland, google automatically redirects me to Google, even if I type in Google. When I sign in there, for some strange reason this doesn't work.
When I sign in from Google (which suppresses the country-specific redirection), everything works as expected :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12