Newbie Synchronization Help Sought

pedalman56

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi Folks:
I switched from Blackberry to a Lumia 822 yesterday after my Blackberry stopped synching with my Outlook last week due to the Google "winter cleaning".
I had been contemplating a switch for some time and the move by Google and the free Lumia 822 was all it took to get me to make the leap.
So far I really love the phone.
Here is my difficulty, I use Outlook 2007on my computer in conjunction with a simple case management software to help track my cases. This works very well for me in a solo practice. Once I made the decision to leave BB I knew I wanted to continue my use of Outlook. I need to be able to synch my calendar entries, my tasks and my contacts. What the Google change took away from me was the ability to be in court and enter a new court appearance date in BB and have that new date in my Outlook calendar in the office by the time I return from court.
Today I have spent the better part of the day trying to synch my desktop Outlook calendar and contacts with my new Lumia using the hotmail synch download. I have ended up with a mess. I seem to have created different calendars and accounts, none of which seem to synch with my Lumia. I managed to get my desktop Outlook calendar into the online calendar, but I cannot seem to get things to synch across the board.
Is there some way for me to back out of what I've done and start over again?
Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

Bill

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if what is that hotmail synch - but I guess when you add hotmail to your outlook 2007 and above, it would require you to download something, and you can then drag and drop all your stuff to hotmail account and it will be synced. After adding items to your phone or outlook, the items should appear in the cloud soon. The supported items include email, contacts and calendars.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The only way to get the calendar and contacts to sync from your PC to phone is to have them both in a Windows Live calendar. It's not as much of a pain as first thought. Look for the Outlook Connector and download it for Outlook 2007. Once setup it'll copy your calendar and contacts to your live calendar and address book which can then be synced to your phone. In Outlook make the Live calendar and address book the default one. You can hide the Outlook calendar and just show the live one, but it doesn't appear you can do this with the address book sadly. This means each time I want to add a contact (in Outlook), instead of going to Save I have to use the Move option and point it to the Live address book.

pedalman56

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much, I may be on the right track now. I have to get back in the office today and start over with this process. Now I understand about making the live calendar the default.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb