Am I crazy? Where to find data usage?

SeBsZ

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If this is correct, I find it absolutely ridiculous.

I have searched every forum and every menu on my windows 8 phone for a simple measure of data usage. How can this not be present on a modern OS? I only get about 250MB on my plan and I need to watch it myself. The only method my provider provides is to log into their member website. This is not something I'm going to do. Every OS out there at least shows a measure of data usage - Android even shows nice graphs and which app used how much.

To add to this apps can not even access this data or I would have written my own app.

I don't even enable Data because of this since I don't want to pay 2 euros per MB if I exceed my 250MB.

On top of that there are hardly any good apps out there. WhatsApp keeps crashing and I miss out on messages.

I want to like this OS so badly....

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Counters app doesn't support the 920 because it only works with WVGA devices ....LOLerz...

Have no idea what carrier you are on, but they have the option to support DataSense, but it requires proxy servers on their side to make it happen. So far I only know Verizon has it and have never seen it in action.

SeBsZ

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Vodafone in Malta. Data Sense is nice but there is no way they are going to support that. Also I don't care about proxy servers or website compression - I just want counters! I have an HTC 8s...

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
The only method my provider provides is to log into their member website.
Wow, your provider sucks. I would be really mad at them.

Verizon in the US has the exclusive for the native data sense in WP8. I have no idea where you are, but I assume its not on VZ in the US.

AT&T in the US has a website, an app, and you can also "call" *data# to get your current data use txted to you. Perhaps that will work for your provider as well?

SeBsZ

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well no my provider doesn't do that.

This is not so much about our providers - but more about the fact that every single phone OS out there has a data usage counter. Why not on WP8? That's what I want to see changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney