Outlook.com question

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using my trusty old @hotmail.com as my wp account. When outlook.com became available I grabbed my preferred address b4 it got away. I'm thinking about moving away from my @gmail.com account and using the outlook account as my primary personal email address. So, my question is this. Has anyone successfully changed over from @hotmail to @outlook as there WP acct??

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You can use your @hotmail at outlook.com. That is what I am currently using. You can also setup an alias which I think may be the same as linking inboxes. I would like to switch my junkmail (internet forums and such) account to an alias of my main account. I wish outlook.com worked like the mail app in windows8. I can easily switch between accounts on my desktop.

Does anyone know if its possible to combine accounts all into 1 main account? So if I made a new account could I link all my older hotmail accounts to that account and only have to log into one account?

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Good question. My live acct currently has and old @msn acct and 2 @hotmail accts linked to it. When I'm logged it on my desktop I can easily switch between the 3 accounts.
Sent from my Blue AT&T 8x using Board Xpress

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I also grabbed my desired address when Outlook.com launched. A couple of days later I accidentally spilt a glass of water on my HD7 (killing it) so I decided to kill off my old hotmail address with it and set up the new device using my new Outlook address. To be honest, I didn't find the process very stressful at all. I merely updated my email address on all the websites I frequently use and haven't looked back since.

It sounds corny, but I get a kick out of telling people my new email address when asked. It sounds professional and modern.

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I have switched to outlook and I have all my email addresses set up so that they all receive mail in the same outlook mailbox. I have an Xbox, so I still have to log in to outlook and Xbox with my Gmail address, but I set up a new alias for mail which I will now use as my primary sending and receiving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes