Is Metrotube not showing up in the App store for anyone else?

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was going to try it now, but for some reason its not showing up in the app store. If you do a google search of it, it shows up but not on the windows phone 8 store. Weird because WP just published a few days ago that the app is ready to go for wp8

Reclinerhead

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I was going to try it now, but for some reason its not showing up in the app store. If you do a google search of it, it shows up but not on the windows phone 8 store. Weird because WP just published a few days ago that the app is ready to go for wp8

Probably because the app is completely broken right now. None of the videos play for me, and I just paid for the app a few days ago.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yikes, haven't checked the apps for 2 days and seems like sh!ts had happened... hope they fix it soon, it's an awesome app and I got it when it was free :D

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Google has screwed with the backend which has broken the app Metrotube and the other one are both broken right now.

Google purposely screwing over WP users again.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
For the devs sake, I hope this doesn't turn out like the metroradio app, where it would get broken every month or so, and a fix would have to be released. During the down time, it was bombarded with bad reviews in the marketplace.

Reclinerhead

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I figured it was Google's fault immediately , especially in lieu of their latest anti-WP antics.

I've been a google user since you had to send out invites to people... and the writing is on the wall that it's time to leave them.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I could play videos about 15 minutes ago, but I just went to try again and it isn't working now. Thankfully a fix is imminent.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is that Google is going to continually try to break the third party apps... But the guys at LazyWorm are always on top of things with getting it going again, and you can be sure that they'll have a fix published just as soon as they can push it through the certification process.

If you're interested in the discussion, one of them was on the most recent episode of the WPCentral Podcast (#153)

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yea that works, I tried that earlier but thank you. Wondering why on the regular store it doesn't show up.

Btw does metro tube have live tiles? On Settings I have live tiles enabled, but in the home screen, the tile is set to medium and the tile seems to be static. Not sure if it is because I am on trial mode

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yea that works, I tried that earlier but thank you. Wondering why on the regular store it doesn't show up.

Btw does metro tube have live tiles? On Settings I have live tiles enabled, but in the home screen, the tile is set to medium and the tile seems to be static. Not sure if it is because I am on trial mode

It should have a live tile, although I've disabled that function. Safe to assume being on trial is the reason you see no change - that is a pretty common limitation with trial periods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes