any new windows phone 8 devices coming soon? early 2013 maybe?

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If everyone had that attitude, it might actually become a sinking ship. Thankfully, there's enough people - and a very strong, very rich company - intent on not seeing that happen. May I invite you to watch WP's progress from over here?

I'm saying what makes sense from a consumer point of view. A consumer that has no loyalties to any company will have to weight these options. They will have to understand that while Android is established with its apps and so forth, WP is early in the game and could flop (50/50). Actually I have both windows laptop and I have a WP, because I am generally a fan of microsoft products, but I also understand the reality of the competition.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but the 820 is not a "lower end" model. It's a high mid-range model. The 620 and 510 are "lower end" models. The 820 is cheap only in price when compared to the 920... features and benefits, it's exactly the same phone save for less internal storage (8gb vs 32gb, but it has a microSD slot), screen resolution (but the AMOLED display and slightly smaller screen size more than makes up for it), and a few camera functions.

Having used both the 920 and the 820, I can say that I prefer the 820 hands down. You might want to give it a second look with a more open mind. :)

Agreed. The 820 has the same processor and GPU as the 920 so it's performance is just as good. Only important difference is memory, which you can mitigate with and SD card, screen resolution and camera (the 820s camera is still pretty respectable)

In it's size and price category the 820 punches WAY above it's weight IMO.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm saying what makes sense from a consumer point of view.

...and if this were the Consumer Reports forums, you'd be right on the money. But this is the WINDOWS PHONE CENTRAL forums, where people come who are interested in Windows Phone, who have already bought or are thinking of buying a Windows Phone, and want more information about Windows Phone. So, again, I invite you to watch WP's progress from over here.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
...and if this were the Consumer Reports forums, you'd be right on the money. But this is the WINDOWS PHONE CENTRAL forums, where people come who are interested in Windows Phone, who have already bought or are thinking of buying a Windows Phone, and want more information about Windows Phone. So, again, I invite you to watch WP's progress from over here.

I have bought a windows phone also, but I also have no loyalty to any company. I talk from an unbiased consumer perspective trying to look at things in a fair way. What I said is a very fair thing to say in this perspective.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. The 820 has the same processor and GPU as the 920 so it's performance is just as good. Only important difference is memory, which you can mitigate with and SD card, screen resolution and camera (the 820s camera is still pretty respectable)

In it's size and price category the 820 punches WAY above it's weight IMO.

i liked the 820, but things like the battery, and those others mentioned make me not want to waste a 2 year contract, especially since the microsoft phone coming soon rumors going around, i might end up regretting getting the 820, 6 months from now.

just went on a video search and found a couple of videos on possible WP8 phones for 2013
Windows Phone 8 (New Leaked Windows Phones 2013) - YouTube
and
lumia 830
Nokia Lumia 830 leaked 2013 Windows Phone 8 Series from chinese market - YouTube
he has a lumia 950 video too, that one didnt look too great though.

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If the Lumia and 8x don't do it for you and you want a high end model, you're going to have to wait. Of course you could get an 8x and put a case on it that is comfortable for you to use? Just a thought
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
If the Lumia and 8x don't do it for you and you want a high end model, you're going to have to wait. Of course you could get an 8x and put a case on it that is comfortable for you to use? Just a thought
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

hmm never thought of that.

Last edited:

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean, "things like the battery"? My 820's battery is awesome, it lasts longer than the battery in the 920 I had, and just as long as the iPhone 4 I had before that.
i never had the 820, i tried it out in the store, while strongly tempted to buy it, i was reading reviews on my phone about the 820, and then decided not to get it. literally sat at the att store for 2 hours trying to make my mind up...

Last edited:

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i liked the 820, but things like the battery, and those others mentioned make me not want to waste a 2 year contract, especially since the microsoft phone coming soon rumors going around, i might end up regretting getting the 820, 6 months from now.

The beauty of the 820 is that the battery is removable. This opens up many more opportunities. I have the HTC titan, which also has a removable battery. I carry two batteries with me. One in the phone, one available on standby should the other battery go dead. Also, the removable backplates mean you can switch around your backplate to suit your current mood. The 820 is what I like to call "The oPhone" (The options Phone)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Wait... you mean this is a Windows Phone forum for people who like Windows Phone?

That's a relief. I was beginning to think it was a Windows Phone complaint circle jerk forum.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The beauty of the 820 is that the battery is removable. This opens up many more opportunities. I have the HTC titan, which also has a removable battery. I carry two batteries with me. One in the phone, one available on standby should the other battery go dead. Also, the removable backplates mean you can switch around your backplate to suit your current mood. The 820 is what I like to call "The oPhone" (The options Phone)

Yes absolutely. I forgot about that part. The removable battery and backplate mean you can install a fresh battery, and I'm betting Seido or someone will even make an extended battery with a new backplate to fit it before too long, which gives you even more options.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

just went on a video search and found a couple of videos on possible WP8 phones for 2013

and
lumia 830

he has a lumia 950 video too, that one didnt look too great though.

There will always be a new phone coming.

Will you buy an 830 or a 950 when the 850 and 970 are going to be coming?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99