any new windows phone 8 devices coming soon? early 2013 maybe?

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i reallly wanna get a windows phone, i was super exited about lumia 920, went to at t to check it out... didnt like how big it was.
820 was perfect, only if they put in a bigger battery, better resolution, didnt want to spend my 2 year contract on a cheaper phone.
then i tried out the htc 8x, it was super uncomfortable.

ive been hearing about microsoft making a phone
and if that doesnt come anytimes soon, does anyone know if nokia will release a smaller phone than the 920 that's about as good?
or htc release another phone?

ill be sticking to other phones until windows phone 8 gets a good sized phone.

pretty much just want to know when the next windows phone will be available

Found these :

Windows Phone 8 (New Leaked Windows Phones 2013) - YouTube
and
lumia 830
Nokia Lumia 830 leaked 2013 Windows Phone 8 Series from chinese market - YouTube
he has a lumia 950 video too, that one didnt look too great though.

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
and Yes it is 90% chance there will be Windows phones coming soon at early 2013. It's gonna be phones for early 2013 and some at late 2013 and likely mid 2013. which is the Surface phone announcement

Jonas Jonsson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I would expect some pretty exciting stuff to be revealed at the Mobile World Congress (February 25-28th), but before that? Not really, at least not any high-end devices.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
no i havent looked into the ativ s, ill look into it though.

blackberry 10 looks really nice thought, if not WP, i might look into blackberry as a second choice.

Aliandren

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If he doesn't like how big 920 is I doubt ayiv will work. What didn't you like about 8x comfort? Too thin?
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
yeah, the sides and corners stung my hand when i used it.
i use iphone 3 right now and that thing "melts" into my hand, the 8x was a bit uncomfortable to hold 1 handed, for me.

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey man. what is your preferred screen size?.

Also. the Samsung Ativ S. has a MicroSB slot, Removable Battery and removable battery cover. also has a high resolution and a 2300mh Battery.

dookie dave

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey man. what is your preferred screen size?.

Also. the Samsung Ativ S. has a MicroSB slot, Removable Battery and removable battery cover. also has a high resolution and a 2300mh Battery.

i liked the 4.3 inch lumia 820
but its the lower end model, didnt wanna waste a 2 year contract on a cheap-er phone...
would be nice if they made a high end 820...

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
yea. it's pretty hard right now. to recommend a phone like that right now. But Since I have 15 yr old hands (I'm 16) and I have a Windows phone 8X. I find the 8X perfectly fine for 1 hand handling.

Rohit Sharma1

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
i reallly wanna get a windows phone, i was super exited about lumia 920, went to at t to check it out... didnt like how big it was.
820 was perfect, only if they put in a bigger battery, better resolution, didnt want to spend my 2 year contract on a cheaper phone.
then i tried out the htc 8x, it was super uncomfortable.

ive been hearing about microsoft making a phone
and if that doesnt come anytimes soon, does anyone know if nokia will release a smaller phone than the 920 that's about as good?
or htc release another phone?

ill be sticking to other phones until windows phone 8 gets a good sized phone.

pretty much just want to know when the next windows phone will be available

On HTC: If you pop over to HTC sub-forum, there are reports of fading colors on the edges. I would definitely not recommend HTC until this is resolved. Also HTC may not come up with bigger W8 smartphone as W8 does not support bigger screen resolution (HTC Said to Halt Larger Windows Phone on Display Resolution - Bloomberg)

I too am in market for a phone, currently on Omnia 7, but i think i might head for android as it supports open NFC + i love tasker app on android; in my office we have NFC tags on the doors (entrance/meeting-room) and android-friends (sic) can auto configure it as they pass the doors. The android UI is probably messed up and has poor scrolling but it gets the job done.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i liked the 4.3 inch lumia 820
but its the lower end model, didnt wanna waste a 2 year contract on a cheap-er phone...
would be nice if they made a high end 820...

Sorry, but the 820 is not a "lower end" model. It's a high mid-range model. The 620 and 510 are "lower end" models. The 820 is cheap only in price when compared to the 920... features and benefits, it's exactly the same phone save for less internal storage (8gb vs 32gb, but it has a microSD slot), screen resolution (but the AMOLED display and slightly smaller screen size more than makes up for it), and a few camera functions.

Having used both the 920 and the 820, I can say that I prefer the 820 hands down. You might want to give it a second look with a more open mind. :)

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
maybe better to stick with android for now and see where WP goes. You don't want to jump onto the WP ship, if in reality it's a sinking ship.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
maybe better to stick with android for now and see where WP goes. You don't want to jump onto the WP ship, if in reality it's a sinking ship.

If everyone had that attitude, it might actually become a sinking ship. Thankfully, there's enough people - and a very strong, very rich company - intent on not seeing that happen. May I invite you to watch WP's progress from over here?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
dude. you need to stop interrupting people's threads. If he wants a Windows phone. let him get one. you have NO right to not let him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte