where is the OWA App? it is a microsoft product. right?

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Outlook web access? That is not an app....

You can set up your exchange server in the accounts pretty easily and it sync everything including contacts, tasks, cal, and email via push using Active Sync.

Whoever is hosting the exchange server where your mail sits might allow a mobile version of web access.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the OWA app on WP8 is called "messaging".

Let me revive this old thread. My corporate email on any mobile device is accessed through Good Technology (good.com). I jumped to the Lumia 920 about a week ago before our IT department has upgraded our Good servers to handle WP8, so that solution isn't available for me just yet. It should be coming in the next few weeks, but in the interim my ONLY way to access email though my phone is by going to the web (i.e. "outlook.xyzcorp.com") and logging in that way. It is not possible to setup the accounts using the messaging/built in email accounts - that is 100% blocked (and I presume the same was for the OP in this thread).

When I log into OWA through my phone I need to double click the emails to open them. Unfortunately this simply results in the phone zooming in and out. I can enable message preview pane, but that has the unintended consequence of making navigation poor at best. I guess I either need to figure out how to disable tap to zoom or deal with the message preview pane issues. Has anybody else dealt with this issue? Should only be a few weeks for me, but I for those few weeks (and any future people searching on this subject) solutions would be very welcomed.

Thanks

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Let me revive this old thread. My corporate email on any mobile device is accessed through Good Technology (good.com). I jumped to the Lumia 920 about a week ago before our IT department has upgraded our Good servers to handle WP8, so that solution isn't available for me just yet. It should be coming in the next few weeks, but in the interim my ONLY way to access email though my phone is by going to the web (i.e. "outlook.xyzcorp.com") and logging in that way. It is not possible to setup the accounts using the messaging/built in email accounts - that is 100% blocked (and I presume the same was for the OP in this thread).

When I log into OWA through my phone I need to double click the emails to open them. Unfortunately this simply results in the phone zooming in and out. I can enable message preview pane, but that has the unintended consequence of making navigation poor at best. I guess I either need to figure out how to disable tap to zoom or deal with the message preview pane issues. Has anybody else dealt with this issue? Should only be a few weeks for me, but I for those few weeks (and any future people searching on this subject) solutions would be very welcomed.

Thanks
When logging in try checking the box that says to use the light version of the outlook web app. I am able to open emails just fine with one tap on the subject of the message.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
When logging in try checking the box that says to use the light version of the outlook web app. I am able to open emails just fine with one tap on the subject of the message.

Thanks - I've been reading about this "light" version but don't see it as an option anywhere. On the log in screen I have user name and password (no other fields or options to check), and after logging in it goes straight to the inbox. I've tried looking in settings once logged in but no dice there. Sounds like we're a few generations behind and/or neutered for some reason.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok - looks like I'm good. I went to Options, Accessibility, and in there checked "Use the blind and low vision experience" (never seemed like something I should try), which is presumably close/similar to the "light" experience. No double tapping required to open emails - works like a charm!

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Outlook web access? That is not an app....

You can set up your exchange server in the accounts pretty easily and it sync everything including contacts, tasks, cal, and email via push using Active Sync.

Whoever is hosting the exchange server where your mail sits might allow a mobile version of web access.

It is an app on Iphone.
Our Exchange server requires a encrypted device but OWA doesnt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb