MS sort out music!

Drewstwitts

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Come on MS. Music on WP8 is ridiculous. If I keep having to skip through endless duplicated songs much longer I'm going back to my iPhone 4s. Its driving me mad!

aFriendNamed5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with song duplicates when I first started using my Lumia 820. Here's how I solved it:

- Connect phone to PC and browse files using Windows Explorer.
- Backup your music to your PC
- Delete EVERYTHING in the Music folder (in "Phone" storage and on the SD card if you have one)
- Use Windows Media Player to sync your music back to the phone.

I tried the WP desktop app, normal drag and drop and a few other methods to get music on my phone, and transferring it with Windows Media Player was the only way to get it to stop making duplicates.
I'd suggest making sure all of your music files are tagged correctly before syncing them back to the phone as there's no way to edit tags once they're on there.

Hope this helps.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, tried that on Lumia 820 and on Ativ s and both still duplicating music by the day. Some songs have 10 copies!

Do you have any other devices (WP8 or Windows 8) that might have hooked in to XBM at any point? I was having a similar problem and, at least in my case, the dupes didn't die out until I remembered I had a third laptop that I had signed in on and shut the XBM services off there as well, then went through the above steps. May have been a fluke but figured I'd mention it as a possibility.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you downloaded the most recent version of the Windows phone app?

Since downloading it, my previous problems (not able to delete music, issues with certain photos syncing, etc), have all been resolved, and its working like an absolute charm.

aFriendNamed5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings in Xbox Music and DISABLE all options. So turn OFF Xbox Music Connect, CLoud Collection and Now Playing. Then do what I mentioned above.
Sorry, this was meant to be step 1 in my last post but I forgot to include it.

aFriendNamed5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No idea then, sorry. The steps I posted are what fixed it for me, the only time it duplicates now is when I copy music over via drag and drop or with the WP8 desktop app.

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL Sounds like you have auto sync turned on somewhere? You probably have two folders being created constantly... Check the Windows Media Player see how many accounts you have auto syncing to your device! I am sure you have both the Windows Phone set to auto sync and the Storage folder where the music is stored set to auto sync??

Also are you using iTunes?? If so is that set to sync to your device??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa