problems downloading gmail to outlook.com

theroo2001

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering whether anyone else had the same problem i seem to be having whereby i have tried to download all my gmail email into outlook.com.

outlook.com actually says all emails have been downloaded (under mail settings - email accounts) but in my inbox, the latest emails I see are from 2009, and not 2012! weird!!

the stranger thing is that in outlook.com it says there are "17,000" messages which is actually about the same number as in my gmail, yet there is still that problem of only 2009 emails being there and not latest ones.

anyone have any suggestions?? :(

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering whether anyone else had the same problem i seem to be having whereby i have tried to download all my gmail email into outlook.com.

outlook.com actually says all emails have been downloaded (under mail settings - email accounts) but in my inbox, the latest emails I see are from 2009, and not 2012! weird!!

the stranger thing is that in outlook.com it says there are "17,000" messages which is actually about the same number as in my gmail, yet there is still that problem of only 2009 emails being there and not latest ones.

anyone have any suggestions?? :(

It is exactly the same for me! I decided to stay with gmail for a bit more.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem when I first tried to do it but it worked when I tried it the second time. I deleted the account, then added it again as a POP3 and it worked the second time. I have no idea why it worked for me, I did everything the same, or if it will work for you, but that was my experience.

theroo2001

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
this is actually my second time doing it as well! sad.

oh well. if windows really doesnt fix the thing with google... i might as well just sell my Lumia 920. lol. back to iOS or Android we go.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Stopped in 2010. I guess I will just turn on mail forwarding from Gmail for the time being until people stop using my Gmail address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos