Why does WP8 beep on me...?

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Now and then my WP8 phone (HTC 8x) beeps, like it wants to alert me, but when I look at it there is no notification whatsoever, so I have no idea what it wants. This seems to happen more often when it is charging, but it also happens when just lying by itself on the table.

This is slowly driving me insane. The phone beeps, I pick it up and check it, no notification of why the beep, I put it down and do something else. Then an hour or so later, it may beep again, and I pick it up and... what is going on? If there's nothing to notify about, why beep? If there is something to notify about, beep and then tell me when I pick it up what the notification is!

Is this just happening to me?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
After closer looking, I usually find why it beeps, sometimes its for my third unpinned email, or a facebook notification that I miss the toast for, or even sometimes WPCentral, never had mine randomly beep.

OppfinnarJocke

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks PPL
Yes, I guess there is some reason for it to beep... My problem is that there is no obvious notification for *why* it beeps, that's what bugs me. My Android phone has a notification bar at the top which always shows why it notifies me. I shouldn't have to "look close", it should be outright damn obvious why it beeps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett