Not receiving notifications

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how come there are basically no notifications ? My l920 never received notifications from twitter,Facebook,the hub. I have toast and notifications on. I come home and my iPhone shows tons of notifications but my l920 shows nothing .

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how come there are basically no notifications ? My l920 never received notifications from twitter,Facebook,the hub. I have toast and notifications on. I come home and my iPhone shows tons of notifications but my l920 shows nothing .

U don't get notifications but me tile updates for facebook, twitter. For notifications, you need the facebook and twitter apps.

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

I've been using WP since the launch of WP7. I can honestly tell you that notifications in general are a weak area for the WP platform. I personally think the problem is with the Microsoft push service.

Nelman

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, something IS wrong! Here are the answers I got during a chat with a Microsoft tech agent:

"If i understand right, you're needing help with your application updates? Definitely a known issue with the series 8 at this point. The Live Tiles on your device will prompt you for an update if you go to the store manually, but at this point the rollout fix is planned just not available as of yet. Found that you're not the only one having this issue as of late. 7.5's still update just fine, just not the 8's. I'll add your account as one of the known issues with it and ultimately as soon as an over-the-air update occurs for the device, it should resolve your issue. They're estimating mid January still, but again that's just an estimate."

edfungus

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am having the same issue too. If you restart the device, it sometimes will fix it. When it works though, it feels really nice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99