Contacts' Birthdays don't show up on Calendar

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've entered birthdays into several of my contacts and they don't show up in my phone's calendar, whereas on my computer and old iPhone they do. What am i missing here?

For the record, I have WP8 synced to my work's exchange account. Email, contacts and meetings all sync fine, the contacts on the phone display the birthdays, but they don't show up in the phone's calendar. I have downloaded a very nice birthday app, but would prefer the birthdays to show up in my calendar.

Thanks in advance.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to calendar, hit the 3 little dots lower right corner, hit settings and make sure the birthday switch button is turn on for (windows live)
Note you can also turn on Facebook / holidays ect of you want that way anyone from Facebook with birthdays that may not be in your contacts will show up if you want.
Hope this helps.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Go to calendar, hit the 3 little dots lower right corner, hit settings and make sure the birthday switch button is turn on for (windows live)

I have a Nokia 822 and the birthday setting turned on. It doesn't import the birthdays from my contacts, it imports the birthdays from Facebook. And you will also get a notification every day at noon regarding the upcoming birthday/s. If you turn that off, all of your birthdays do not populate your calendar.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Funny my HTC trophy 7.5 does work the way I said, it shows my windows live birthdays from my
contacts and or Facebook an so on. Go figure I wonder if this is a windows 8 issue or Nokia 822 which I will be getting after the holidays.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

This will give me notifications of birthdays listed in my Live calendar, but not of birthdays entered into my outlook contacts which are synced via exchange.

I looked at the calendar setting of my old iPhone, and under "other calendars" it has "birthdays". Perhaps WP8 does not have this option, and at present only allows for Live calendar birthdays, which is somewhat strange as it is all part of the Microsoft eco-system (exchange, outlook).

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I also see other post about the print being small in calendar and no settings for a 2 week recurring date. I don't know but ms has got to get this fixed in updates to come or maybe someone will come up with a good app.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For whoever is interested, I contacted @WinPhoneSupport on twitter, and to their great credit (especially doing this festive time of year), they replied within hours. According to the support, only if you enter birthdays as a recurring event then will it show up in calendar.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
For whoever is interested, I contacted @WinPhoneSupport on twitter, and to their great credit (especially doing this festive time of year), they replied within hours. According to the support, only if you enter birthdays as a recurring event then will it show up in calendar.

Chenhogi; thanks for looking into this I was starting to think I was the only one with birthdays showing up or an I going crazy? Of course you know what the wife says.....
BTW all my birthdays are recurring.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this info, I'm having this problem. Do you know how to set a birthday as recurring? My contacts were imported and they show up accurately in contact information but when I view the calendar there's nothing and no reminders or anything. Anyone know how to fix this? Or do I have to use an app of some sort to handle birthday reminders?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for this info, I'm having this problem. Do you know how to set a birthday as recurring? My contacts were imported and they show up accurately in contact information but when I view the calendar there's nothing and no reminders or anything. Anyone know how to fix this? Or do I have to use an app of some sort to handle birthday reminders?
You have to use an app or use outlook.com to manage your contacts and enable the birthday calendar. It is a shame it doesn't work for those who choose to use Exchange...

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
FWIW, I use Birthday Diary with the live tile pinned to my homescreen. I have it configured to show today's birthdays on teh front of the tile and this week's birthdays (random image of the lot) on the flip side. It says it does anniversaries too, but not from your contacts like it does with birthdays, which makes no sense to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99