Facebook chat (native) works again

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I was IMing a friend of mine on Facebook, and would you believe it? The IM was successfully pushed to my phone. Hopefully Facebook stops messing with stuff that breaks out features.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Group functions arnt supported indeed.

Same sadly goes for the the integrated chat on Windows 8

I doubt group chat would be implemented if ever for facebook on wp. The concept is there with MMS and mass texting, but coming from facebook is a whole 'nother ball game.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I use group chat heaps and never get notifications :(

Does anyone know of a way to forward my facebook messenger notifications from my android phone to my email address? There are apps that can do this for texts and phone calls but I can't find one that supports other apps. I think that would pretty much solve my problem, I could just leave my Android phone at home on wifi and get it to send myself an email which will push to my 920.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I use group chat heaps and never get notifications :(

Does anyone know of a way to forward my facebook messenger notifications from my android phone to my email address? There are apps that can do this for texts and phone calls but I can't find one that supports other apps. I think that would pretty much solve my problem, I could just leave my Android phone at home on wifi and get it to send myself an email which will push to my 920.

Just tell Facebook to email you on messages, no need to involve the Android app.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Just tell Facebook to email you on messages, no need to involve the Android app.

They rarely come through and they aren't instant. Facebook emails for messages are not like they used to be. The facebook messenger app on android, however, is fantastic for notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro