"APP not available in my region" why did you even start the market place then !!

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
How come i don't have the privilege to download some of the apps in my region (Bulgaria)?
Because we are in Eastern Europe ? Or we're too stupid for Windows phone marketplace?
Or because my HTC 8X doesn't operate with Windows Phone 8 like the other peoples phones?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why marketplaces are different, but they are, they always have been. Maybe "your" country won't allow those apps. Maybe it has to do with your country's language. Maybe you should contact MS direct instead of the forum. Coming here and being snotty about it won't get you any answers. Maybe next time, ask in a more reasonable tone and someone might be willing to explain it to you.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
A trick you could try:

Change the country of your email ID

And

Your phone region

Should work. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am from india, and I too faced this issue.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
A trick you could try:

Change the country of your email ID

And

Your phone region

Should work. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am from india, and I too faced this issue.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
You do that and you won't be able to use your local CC to buy apps anymore. Your CC must be of the same region as your phone and email.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How come i don't have the privilege to download some of the apps in my region (Bulgaria)?
Because we are in Eastern Europe ? Or we're too stupid for Windows phone marketplace?
Or because my HTC 8X doesn't operate with Windows Phone 8 like the other peoples phones?
It has nothing to do with you being Bulgarian (or Indian, or Jamaican, or Canadian etc). It's a bs notion called "geoblocking". It's total horsecrap and it's not Microsoft's fault, the government puts it place to protect local economies or whatever nonsense they come up with.

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not blaming the US... Windows phone 8 is not the US ... I'm saying that i should have the same rights for use and privileges for apps like any other WP8 user.....

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not blaming the US... Windows phone 8 is not the US ... I'm saying that i should have the same rights for use and privileges for apps like any other WP8 user.....
I agree with you. Some apps are restricted for legal issues but in most cases the US just get all the favours for no apparent reason (latest example being the Nokia update up on AT&T before going to unlocked phones).
Have you tried what I suggested? It's pretty simple and it works.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Again I tell you to blame your f'ing government. You need to realize, both of you actually, that the US AND Canada got the update. It's not because of whatever evil power the US "is." Quit being children and use your brains. If your government thinks you're "too stupid" then that is an issue with you and your government. Blame Europe's regulations.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Again I tell you to blame your f'ing government. You need to realize, both of you actually, that the US AND Canada got the update. It's not because of whatever evil power the US "is." Quit being children and use your brains. If your government thinks you're "too stupid" then that is an issue with you and your government. Blame Europe's regulations.

Chill dude.

You're playing into the arrogant American stereotype quite nicely.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm playing into the not letting little punks not take responsibility for their own problems stereotype.

Nothing arrogant about throwing nonsensical arguments back at people.

Roslan Hristov

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm playing into the not letting little punks not take responsibility for their own problems stereotype.

Nothing arrogant about throwing nonsensical arguments back at people.

Ok friend it seems that you don't understand my point..... i'm not talking about the US or my country, because like i said before "Microsoft" is not the US....
nvmnd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077