04-19-2013 12:31 PM
31 12
tools
    How come i don't have the privilege to download some of the apps in my region (Bulgaria)?
    Because we are in Eastern Europe ? Or we're too stupid for Windows phone marketplace?
    Or because my HTC 8X doesn't operate with Windows Phone 8 like the other peoples phones?
    12-23-2012 02:15 PM
    It's like this for the Apple App Store too. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
    12-23-2012 02:24 PM
    I don't understand why marketplaces are different, but they are, they always have been. Maybe "your" country won't allow those apps. Maybe it has to do with your country's language. Maybe you should contact MS direct instead of the forum. Coming here and being snotty about it won't get you any answers. Maybe next time, ask in a more reasonable tone and someone might be willing to explain it to you.
    12-23-2012 02:25 PM
    A trick you could try:

Change the country of your email ID

And

Your phone region

Should work. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am from india, and I too faced this issue.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.
    12-23-2012 02:36 PM
    A trick you could try:

Change the country of your email ID

And

Your phone region

Should work. Sorry to hear about your problem. I am from india, and I too faced this issue.

You do that and you won't be able to use your local CC to buy apps anymore. Your CC must be of the same region as your phone and email.
    12-23-2012 02:38 PM
    You do that and you won't be able to use your local CC to buy apps anymore. Your CC must be of the same region as your phone and email.
    CC?

12-23-2012 02:53 PM
    How come i don't have the privilege to download some of the apps in my region (Bulgaria)?
    Because we are in Eastern Europe ? Or we're too stupid for Windows phone marketplace?
    Or because my HTC 8X doesn't operate with Windows Phone 8 like the other peoples phones?
    It has nothing to do with you being Bulgarian (or Indian, or Jamaican, or Canadian etc). It's a bs notion called "geoblocking". It's total horsecrap and it's not Microsoft's fault, the government puts it place to protect local economies or whatever nonsense they come up with.
    12-23-2012 02:59 PM
    12-23-2012 03:00 PM
    CC?

Credit card.
    12-23-2012 03:01 PM
    Credit card.
    Lol..sorry...hehhe

12-23-2012 09:15 PM
    Yep, thank your nation-state for geoblocking restrictions. It's a regulation put in place by national governments.
    12-24-2012 01:08 AM
    Riiight. Yet another European blaming the US for THEIR issues. It's your f'ing government that does it. F'ing christ
    12-24-2012 01:12 AM
    I'm not blaming the US... Windows phone 8 is not the US ... I'm saying that i should have the same rights for use and privileges for apps like any other WP8 user.....
    12-24-2012 04:43 AM
    I'm not blaming the US... Windows phone 8 is not the US ... I'm saying that i should have the same rights for use and privileges for apps like any other WP8 user.....
    I agree with you. Some apps are restricted for legal issues but in most cases the US just get all the favours for no apparent reason (latest example being the Nokia update up on AT&T before going to unlocked phones).
    Have you tried what I suggested? It's pretty simple and it works.
    Roslan Hristov likes this.
    12-24-2012 04:55 AM
    Have you tried what I suggested? It's pretty simple and it works.
    I have checked your solution isn't this option going to restart my whole phone.. i mean i'm going to lose my apps and everything ?
    12-24-2012 05:26 AM
    Hey it worked i changed the settings and it works hope this doesn't make ma credit card crash
    12-24-2012 05:56 AM
    Again I tell you to blame your f'ing government. You need to realize, both of you actually, that the US AND Canada got the update. It's not because of whatever evil power the US "is." Quit being children and use your brains. If your government thinks you're "too stupid" then that is an issue with you and your government. Blame Europe's regulations.
    12-24-2012 11:40 AM
    Again I tell you to blame your f'ing government. You need to realize, both of you actually, that the US AND Canada got the update. It's not because of whatever evil power the US "is." Quit being children and use your brains. If your government thinks you're "too stupid" then that is an issue with you and your government. Blame Europe's regulations.
    Chill dude.

You're playing into the arrogant American stereotype quite nicely.
    Sonnyck likes this.
    12-24-2012 04:15 PM
    I'm playing into the not letting little punks not take responsibility for their own problems stereotype.

Nothing arrogant about throwing nonsensical arguments back at people.
    12-24-2012 06:49 PM
    I'm playing into the not letting little punks not take responsibility for their own problems stereotype.

Nothing arrogant about throwing nonsensical arguments back at people.

Ok friend it seems that you don't understand my point..... i'm not talking about the US or my country, because like i said before "Microsoft" is not the US....
    nvmnd
    12-25-2012 03:08 AM
    And actually i have changed my region and language settings to US and now i have everything that i need
    12-25-2012 03:10 AM
    There are indeed regulations in place that make this hard to do, and of course Microsoft would want its Store and apps distributed as widely as possible. It's out of its hands. However, jdhooghe, Microsoft and its partners are clearly prioritising the US Windows Phone variants over global variants. In the case of the 920, I believe there are two models - US/Canada and global - so no, saying Canada was included too is not a valid argument. The updating situation has nothing to do with other countries blocking the updates or anything - remember, the US carriers are the ones terrible at pushing out updates - and everything to do with priorities and focus.
    12-25-2012 03:51 AM
    Canada also has geoblocking. Watching US satellite TV in Canada can land you in prison.

Geoblocking is a result of protectionism, and is entirely the doing of national governments.
    12-25-2012 01:39 PM
    Riiight. Yet another European blaming the US for THEIR issues. It's your f'ing government that does it. F'ing christ
    Chill out Captain America. No one is blaming the U.S. for anything.
    Sonnyck likes this.
    12-25-2012 02:13 PM
    Ok the insulting posts and such shall stop here. If there's nothing constructive to be said then don't post.
    Sonnyck likes this.
    12-25-2012 02:15 PM
31 12