Skydrive error "couldn't upload files. tap to retry."

EricABQ

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

Yesterday we set up Skydrive on my wife's 8x and all the photos automatically uploaded with no problems. However, today when we tried to upload new photos we get the message "Couldn't upload files. Tap to retry."

After re-booting, signing out and back in to Skydrive, and multiple attempts at the upload, we get the same error message each time.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks.

EricABQ

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
A little more information. If I go into the SkyDrive app itself I can manually pull one file at a time and they upload just fine that way, but the upload from Photos is still failing.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
When uploading pics from "photos" the only issue I had was that when trying to upload a lotta pics at the time, it wanted me to be on WiFi. I put the SD card from my old BlackBerry in my 822, which had a lotta pics. Check your backup settings, maybe you're missing something there.

EricABQ

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I seem to be connected to wifi just fine and in backup settings we are set up for "good" on upload quality, same as yesterday, so all seems normal there.

And, the number of pictures uploaded yesterday was much larger than what we are trying to upload today. Its just not working at all today.

EricABQ

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Another update.

I deleted all the pictures from SkyDrive (completely from the recycle bin) then re-booted the phone and all the pending uploads then went up. I then took a picture and it automatically uploaded on its own.

I have no idea why that worked, but it seems to have done the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa