Me tile as the notification hub

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Me tile kinda already is the WP notification center. I think that it just needs to be improved, allowing third party apps to integrate with it. Would also be nice if the notification from Me tile could be pushed to the lock/home screen. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When the screen has gone dark, how are you going to know you have a new message, etc.? Having to wake up the phone to see any notifications is one of the biggest flaws of the platform, in my opinion.

Last edited:

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When the screen has gone dark, how are you going to new you have a new message, etc.? Having to wake up the phone to see any notifications is one of the biggest flaws of the platform, in my opinion.

That's where the lock screen count would come in handy. On my previous iPhone, I would still have to wake the phone up after the screen goes dark to see the notifications. No?

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Androids and BlackBerries have an LED on the front of the phone notifying you of new messages. MSFT has received requests to use one of the capacitive buttons on the front in the same manner.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My 8x has a notification light when I have an unread email, text or missed call. There is a bar on the top and it turns green when there is a pending notification

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is a notification center anyway and why would I need it? My lock screen notifications and live tiles seem to be fine at notifying me to the things I need to know.

tavogus

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My 8x has a notification light when I have an unread email, text or missed call. There is a bar on the top and it turns green when there is a pending notification

How do you do that? I have an 8X as well but it doesn't do that. It only turns on an LED in the corner of the speaker phone when the battery is low and when is fully charged.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
My previous android phone only flashed the LED for 5 mins or so, so if you were away from your desk for longer than that you still had to wake up the phone to check. Agree that some sort if notification that lasts would be good though.

tfracs33

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My mistake. I wake up each morning and the notification bar is green and I have emails and texts waiting. I realized this means its charged, not that there are notifications. Sorry for the wring info, hopefully an update will give the option to have notifications

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As I haven't used it so far, what types of notifications does the Me tile give you? I am assuming Twitter and Facebook, but is there anything else?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think its all of your accounts, I'm pretty sure I've seen something from LinkedIn on there but I could be wrong

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon