Keeping iPhone and windows phone contacts in sync?

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Does anybody know how to do this?

I currently have my iPhone synced to my google contacts via cardDAV and everything is good and well.

Just bought the Lumia 920 and slowly setting things up!

I linked my google contacts in my outlook.com account and the people hub in both my laptop and online shows google contacts. But my phones people hub doesn't show a thing!

Please let me know what I am doing wrong!

Thanks

Doug Miller1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
i used the outlook connector and sync with hotmail service, which will sync contacts from outlook to hotmail then to your windows phone hotmail account. Just got to get contacts into outlook from Iphone, which, i am sad to say, a very difficuly thing to do. Outlook and Iphone just do not get along. There are a few independent programs that claim the pull contacts from iphone and create a csv file, and then import into outlook. But when i tried it, it worked about halfway (left out several contacts that were on the iphone). Have no idea why. try looking up CopyTransContactsv1.006.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

Does anybody know how to do this?

I currently have my iPhone synced to my google contacts via cardDAV and everything is good and well.

Just bought the Lumia 920 and slowly setting things up!

I linked my google contacts in my outlook.com account and the people hub in both my laptop and online shows google contacts. But my phones people hub doesn't show a thing!

Please let me know what I am doing wrong!

Thanks

Since you are syncing your iPhone to Google Contacts, have you tried doing the same with the Lumia 920? I had my Lumia 920 synced to Gmail Contacts and Calendar until a few days ago and it was always in sync with my Android devices.
Better hurry and do it before Google removes the ability to add Gmail accounts to Windows Phone using EAS. And don't hard reset after that.

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone 5 Google acct setup as exchange (although who knows how long they'll let us existing users keep it); I used the MS google setting on my 900... this seems to work just fine for me.

MonicaHoliday

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
To keep iPhone and Windows Phone syncing, you can use Gmail.
tap "Settings" in the App list and then "Email + accounts". If you're running Windows Phone 8, tap "Add an account" > "Google". Enter your email address and password and then tap "Sign in" > "Accept". After that, you can transfer contacts from Lumia to iPhone 4s via syncing. On your iPhone, you can do the settings as followed.
Tap "Settings" while on the home screen
Scroll to and tap "Mail, Contacts , Calendars"
Under "Accounts" tap "Add account"
Select "Other"
Under "Contacts", tap "Add CardDAV Account" to sync your Google contacts
Enter "google.com" in the "Server" field
Type in your Google account's username and password in the proper fields
Enter the account name in the "Description" field
Tap "Next"
To synchronize Google Calendar, tap "Add account"
Tap "Other"
Under "Calendars", tap "Add CalDAV Account"
Type in your Gmail address' username, password and description in the appropriate fields
Tap "Next"
Select to sync "Calendars" and / or "Reminders"
Tap "Save"

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To keep iPhone and Windows Phone syncing, you can use Gmail.
tap "Settings" in the App list and then "Email + accounts". If you're running Windows Phone 8, tap "Add an account" > "Google". Enter your email address and password and then tap "Sign in" > "Accept". After that, you can transfer contacts from Lumia to iPhone 4s via syncing. On your iPhone, you can do the settings as followed.
Tap "Settings" while on the home screen
Scroll to and tap "Mail, Contacts , Calendars"
Under "Accounts" tap "Add account"
Select "Other"
Under "Contacts", tap "Add CardDAV Account" to sync your Google contacts
Type in your Google account's username and password in the proper fields
Enter the account name in the "Description" field
Tap "Next"
To synchronize Google Calendar, tap "Add account"
Tap "Other"
Under "Calendars", tap "Add CalDAV Account"
Type in your Gmail address' username, password and description in the appropriate fields
Tap "Next"
Select to sync "Calendars" and / or "Reminders"
Tap "Save"

Thanks I guess, but you replied to a thread that is three years old.

Also MS accounts or others can be used as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss