MP3 Metadata - what worked for me

domingu

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Love my new Lumia 820 but as many others of you the Xbox Music Player (as Nokia Music) created a **** of mess with my mp3 songs; 70 % of artists and covers didn't show up correctly. After some time I figured out that the problem only existed where there was no album title in the ID3 Tag (v. 2.3). Opened all the tags on the pc with a tag editor, just a put a name in all of the album fields and now everything works great, all covers show as do artist names. Of course turn off the feature that lets search Xbox Music on the internet for metadata.
I simpley copied the music in Windows Explorer (Windows 8 x64) on the memory card in the phone (didn't sync with Media Player).
Hope that this works for some others with similar problems.

Greetings, Marc

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid it hasn't worked for me, all my songs have artist names on the tags, and they still don't show on Xbox Music even when other apps clearly show them (Nokia music, audio player free)

domingu

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
At least it works in Nokia Music for you cause I had the same problem there as in Xbox Music (anyway the whole music hub needs a big update...). It was the album field where the tag was missing and what caused the problem for me NOT the artist field.

Greetings :)

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Why is stuff that has been around for so many many years such a hard thing to pull off? Its baffling how they can screw this up. I fixed albumart for all my albums in Zune Player, took me hours maybe days but I figured I do this once and then have it sorted. Yeah right.

t0n1zz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
same there... i just sync the script album that i purcased from itunes store and when i play it in L820 it shows me album art but not artist art / whatever that show in background..just a blank grey screen.... anyway to make it appear?the thing that i love most is background artist art that look awesome and the live tiles...

t0n1zz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
same there... i just sync the script album that i purcased from itunes store and when i play it in L820 it shows me album art but not artist art / whatever that show in background..just a blank grey screen.... anyway to make it appear?the thing that i love most is background artist art that look awesome and the live tiles...

solved using MPATool... great apps and free(which part i loved most)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos