Nokia Lumia 920 Running on Bell

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, my first post here :D and I have been able to get my Lumia 920 to run on the Bell network in Canada at about 98%. I was able to get the phone unlocked and was also able to get the internet sharing issue fixed and everything seems to be in order. The only thing I'm missing and was wondering if anyone can help me out with is the Bell Mobile TV app. I was able to find it about a week or two ago and then I downloaded it but it failed to work (when i tapped anyone of the channels it just said I don't have the service but it couldn't be that I don't pay for the service since I do). So I decided to uninstall it and just reinstall it later. Come yesterday I decided to look for it again and I couldn't find it :/.

So I'm just wondering if people on the Bell HTC 8x are having the same problem and if someone can provide me a direct link to the app since I am sort of lost right now. Other than that, Nokia + Bell = Fast as lighting network and phone haha loving it! Better than my old S2 that I had!

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I realized that too... I think maybe Bell is updating the app? If not I get the feeling that they are not really supporting WP8 fully, and out of curiosity which phone are you using?

vibinvo

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I did manage to get the app on the phone via the web browser but still not working. According to BELL technician (over the phone) he couldn't get it to work either. Claims that is NOT fully supported because its NOT an 8X. I am using the Lumia 920 which currently is not supported on Bell.

StantheManLee

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Bell Canada is a joke. They carry the HTC 8x and do not support that either, so good luck with any other device. Even Rogers who carry the HTC 8x have already pushed out the OTA updates. When I called Bell to ask when they will be doing the same, the reply is 'eh? we don't carry that phone'. When I correct them, they say, 'i dunno'. NEVER go with Bell Canada. They do NOT support their own devices and you will be left out in the cold!

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to realize that too, since I'm not on a contract I can pretty much switch without penalty, how is Telus for support for phones? I'm gonna guess a bit better? The main issue I have with Bell right now is that I still am their customer as I am using their network so I sort of deserve the service I was paying for and I am not receiving it.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, my first post here :D and I have been able to get my Lumia 920 to run on the Bell network in Canada at about 98%. I was able to get the phone unlocked and was also able to get the internet sharing issue fixed and everything seems to be in order. The only thing I'm missing and was wondering if anyone can help me out with is the Bell Mobile TV app. I was able to find it about a week or two ago and then I downloaded it but it failed to work (when i tapped anyone of the channels it just said I don't have the service but it couldn't be that I don't pay for the service since I do). So I decided to uninstall it and just reinstall it later. Come yesterday I decided to look for it again and I couldn't find it :/.

So I'm just wondering if people on the Bell HTC 8x are having the same problem and if someone can provide me a direct link to the app since I am sort of lost right now. Other than that, Nokia + Bell = Fast as lighting network and phone haha loving it! Better than my old S2 that I had!

I'm thinking about getting a Rogers 920 and unlocking it...only thing holding me back is that they are all black...

Can you send me a link where you got it unlocked and the internet sharing solution?
Thanks mate

Shadow_12213

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a Rogers 920 and unlocking it...only thing holding me back is that they are all black...

Can you send me a link where you got it unlocked and the internet sharing solution?
Thanks mate

Well Rogers is now releasing it in red and white now, and yellow is coming in a few weeks, wpcentral just reported on it today (Rogers finally offers the Lumia 920 in more than Black, gets Red and White options too | Windows Phone Central) and as far as the internet sharing just download this to be able to force the apn's to work when you get the phone. (access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)). You should be good to go after that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte