how to search content on the phone?

Spirited

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
MS gives a key for bing to search content on websites. but why not also integrate search on the phone?

or I have not figured a way which is already existing?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to search the content on the whole phone, it is one of the bigger complaints with Wp8 with the integrated search button. All of the searches are built into individual apps and do not use the search button... It would make more sense for the hard button to be app aware and also have a function to search the phone itself.

santillanavila1993

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
**** it would be great if the search button could search for any document on the home screen just like the universal search on ios. Maybe it is implemented on Windows phone. It is just that app developers need to take advantage of the API. I think this is a possibility because you can search for apps on the phone and in the market place using the search button.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Has there been any progress made on this feature yet - the "Search" button provides search results for what's on the phone in addition to the web hits?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has there been any progress made on this feature yet - the "Search" button provides search results for what's on the phone in addition to the web hits?

Nope. Because apps are responsible for their own content, app developers have to create search functionality within their apps that is restricted to it's own data/external services.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Because apps are responsible for their own content, app developers have to create search functionality within their apps that is restricted to it's own data/external services.

Hmmm... well, that sucks. My current BlackBerry has this search function and it's old! When I type, the results display hits in email/texts, memos, tasks, music as well as web links. I believe my wife's iPhone has this capability, too. Can't speak to the 'Droids; don't know anyone who has one. Hope Microsoft will add this capability soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos