Why do I have only 10 languages ?

roee klinger

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new 8X :grin: !
But for some reason I have only 10 languages to choose from ! and my native lanuage isnt in that list .
Why is that ? i updated to the latest verion , still the same . I know for a fact that WP9 supports my language - so why isnt it there ? it doesnt even show me the EURO languages. only a very small list .
Is there a fix for that ?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
hmm. Im concerned as well. If I get a new WP8 device, I want it to have Thai option. Didn't think each device was different. Did you get your device from a carrier? Probably it would be better to order the non-carrier specific international versions of phones instead.

roee klinger

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
hmm. Im concerned as well. If I get a new WP8 device, I want it to have Thai option. Didn't think each device was different. Did you get your device from a carrier? Probably it would be better to order the non-carrier specific international versions of phones instead.

Thats what i do not understand .
I got it from a private store and its the international version , so .. WTF ?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you should try to contact HTC and let us know what they say. I'm curious, does it have Thai? What languages does it let you choose from?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
According to this list both Hebrew and Thai are supported, but what display languages are available depend on carrier and manufacturer. Input languages are all available regardless of carrier or OEM. I find that odd, that the carriers/OEMs can truncate the display languages list, but not the input languages... So even if my phone can't display Hindi, I could type in Hindi if I wanted to. Very strange indeed.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
According to this list both Hebrew and Thai are supported, but what display languages are available depend on carrier and manufacturer. Input languages are all available regardless of carrier or OEM. I find that odd, that the carriers/OEMs can truncate the display languages list, but not the input languages... So even if my phone can't display Hindi, I could type in Hindi if I wanted to. Very strange indeed.

That doesn't sound totally accurate. It sounds like you can type and display the languages but you may not be able to change the WP8 interface language. For example on Win7 ultimate you could install a Thai keyboard and type and read Thai but you're still using the English version of Windows 7.

I'm guessing the OP wants to change the interface\menu language so all the WP8 menu's etc. are in Hebrew.

roee klinger

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't sound totally accurate. It sounds like you can type and display the languages but you may not be able to change the WP8 interface language. For example on Win7 ultimate you could install a Thai keyboard and type and read Thai but you're still using the English version of Windows 7.

I'm guessing the OP wants to change the interface\menu language so all the WP8 menu's etc. are in Hebrew.
Yes . I saw a ton of videos on youtube showing the hebrew interface , but I dont have it .
I can only type and read hebrew but no interface - why would the carrier or OEM even block some language ? whats the point ?
Anyway .. how can I get it on my 8X , or cant I ?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ah.... I guess I misunderstood what it said then. But as for how to get it, my guess is that you're not going to get it on that phone, but that your best bet is to take it back and get one from a carrier that does have Hebrew on the phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You could try - check their facebook or their website for support, but I'm not sure you're going to get anywhere. It can't hurt, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos