emailing photos in original size on WP8

bganesan

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to email the photos in original size using WP8's built in email client? I have tried to search for the options but they dont seem to exist. Is anybody else facing the same problem. This is something that I feel is very necessary in case you need to email photos that you have taken right away.

P.S: doesnt matter if I am on WiFi or cellular data, it always reduces the size of the pics to a few hundred KBs

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm talking about with WP8. These arbitrary iOS-like restrictions are doing nothing but turning away new users.

You gotta use Skydrive. That's the easiest way.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I'm talking about with WP8. These arbitrary iOS-like restrictions are doing nothing but turning away new users.

You gotta use Skydrive. That's the easiest way.
There's no such stupid restriction on iOS. It gives you 4 options, one of which is to send the picture in its original size

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
There's no such stupid restriction on iOS. It gives you 4 options, one of which is to send the picture in its original size
I mean that iOS had this restriction back in iOS1 through iOS4, and only recently added it. I don't know why Windows Phone has this restriction considering no other mobile OS has it at this point.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
if your photos backup to skydrive is setup with best quality, all your photos are sent to SkyDrive in full quality and size.
Open the SkyDrive app and share the photos

On my phone, the camera is set to take photos at a resolution of 6 MP. The SkyDrive app setting are set to photo upload size of original. Yet, on my PC, the size of the photos uploaded is between 200 to 300 KB. This can't be right.

What am I doing wrong?

PhotoAnt

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
On my phone, the camera is set to take photos at a resolution of 6 MP. The SkyDrive app setting are set to photo upload size of original. Yet, on my PC, the size of the photos uploaded is between 200 to 300 KB. This can't be right.

What am I doing wrong?

How do you set the resolution of the camera? Or is feature again only available in selected market?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
if full resolution is selected, it will only upload to skydrive when you hit wifi

so it doesn't really help you out if you are in the field somewhere and need to send someone full resolution right away.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Apparently this feature is only available,in the US. International version does not have this function, it sucks!

Really? This is absolutely absurd if true.
So the only way I can get my full resolution pictures is by connecting the phone via USB to my PC?

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
available everywhere. If you upload via the SkyDrive app and im in UK and I can upload full res to SkyDrive from photo app

Well I can't, unless I doing something wrong. In the SkyDrive app settings I have 2 options under photo upload size: original or resized. I have chosen original, yet my photos are uploaded low resolution to SkyDrive.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I can't, unless I doing something wrong. In the SkyDrive app settings I have 2 options under photo upload size: original or resized. I have chosen original, yet my photos are uploaded low resolution to SkyDrive.

don't go to the SkyDrive app.

Go to settings and slide over to application settings, select photos+camera.

There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786