What car radios work well with WP8

GRANT2013

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently had an issue with WP8 Bluetooth compatibility and my Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD receiver in my car. Apparently this problem also affected iOS phones as well. So Pioneer released a FW update last week 1/29/2013 that resolved the issue and it fixed my WP8 (Nokia 822) issue. The problem I had was with the music streaming A2DP/AVRCP control and meta data from working with my WP8 phone. It did not have any issues with my older WP7 phone however.

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend this receiver, if you don't care about cd playback or DVD. But it seems that what you had previously. I would think later model DVD receiver from JVC would work fine. What was your original issue with the pioneer?

Hi, just want to ask you maybe a stupid question. Can i skip to the next song on my Lumia 920 with the buttons of the stereo or the remote?. Thank you

Gravity oXo

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll just add to this thread saying I recently purchased this Kenwood model for my car:
Kenwood - KDC-BT955HD

It works excellently with my Lumia 920. I stream music from Xbox Music, and use the mic that came with the stereo for hands-free use. Works great with all. The stereo has some other great features, but suffice to say that it works as expected with the Lumia 920.

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I own a Lumia 822 and have been using it with a Pioneer DEH X6500BT. Works great to stream Bluetooth audio and make/receive calls. I know you said you were fed up with Pioneer but this one does what I want. The display can be a little bright at night though.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Works great with Ford Sync for music and calls. Even reads text messages too.

Some aftermarket units with USB ports will read music files directly off a thumb drive so I'd go that route for music and just let bluetooth handle the communications side. It usually results in much less headaches too. Read your manual or find them online and see if your unit supports this. It's so much better. Ford Sync works the same way and I use an older 30gb Zune player for all of my music.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the necro, but how important is AVRCP being at 1.4? I'm having a hard time finding car receivers that support it.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 822 BT paired with 2010 Mazda CX 7 originally radio, calls, music and texts all work and text incoming it announced that I have a Text from.. do I want to read it, then do I want to reply, save it, delete it. All with out removing the hands from the wheel.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So are there any with IPOD/IPhone like capabilities or do I have to buy a Ford? I saw a MS video on YT showing some nice features using one of the latest Ford's. I would love to have that in an aftermarket head unit. The others mentioned seems to just have the basic BT connection features. It is nice to see more units with Android features where iOS stood alone.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
LOL you ask if you have to buy a Ford like it is a pack of gum, witg WP i think you can obly get basic functions lile voice commands (i recommend Hey DJ paid version for music) listening to music and reseive phone calls and messages wiith thw option to read or ignore

Skaughtto

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Installed a Kenwood KDC-BT755HD this weekend. Amazon Warehouse Deals had one for ~$85(screamin' deal).
  1. Can answer/end calls
  2. Can sync phonebook
  3. Can select contacts through the receiver
  4. Can stream music via Bluetooth
  5. Cannot control Pandora through the receiver
  6. Cannot charge phone via USB (will verify)

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Installed a Kenwood KDC-BT755HD this weekend. Amazon Warehouse Deals had one for ~$85(screamin' deal).
  1. Can answer/end calls
  2. Can sync phonebook
  3. Can select contacts through the receiver
  4. Can stream music via Bluetooth
  5. Cannot control Pandora through the receiver
  6. Cannot charge phone via USB (will verify)

That price was SIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786