Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't sure if this should be cross-posted to Nokia Lumia 920 forums and WP8 forums.

Here's the question: I just paired by MW600 Sony bluetooth headset with my 2nd 920. I was on a call and noticed that suddenly my wi-fi connection dropped and was trying to reconnect but either the wi-fi network disappears or it just keeps trying to connect until i hang up the call.

I tested it twice, definitely drops the wi-fi connection but was curious if anyone else noticed it.

I have the Portico update installed and mostly all updates for various apps. Battery Saver mode is on.
Will test if anything changes with the saver mode off.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
So I have a wireless charger and my 920 used to die in 10 minutes on it, So I updated to portico hoping this will stop , it didn't it only slowed down.
I contacted @windowsphonesupport which was very helpful and asked me to disable Wlan while wirelessly charging ...
Disabled it and now i'm problem free (except that I don't have wifi connection when my phone is wirelessly charging.

The moral of this story is ... WP8 Bluetooth driver+wlan driver + NFC + GPS driver are %uc&ed up beyond believe and it'll take a while before they sort this out.
(don't forget they're using fully fledged NT kernel which insists on good drivers to operate easily .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos