Any cross platform texters here? How's the experience been?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I know that the text and windows live messenger experience is said to be excellent on windows phone. How have you guys found it? Any problems? How about messaging folk on other platforms not using SMS or WLM? How's the whole experience?

Many teenagers just want basic talk and text devices that are affordable, which is one reason BlackBerrys are still popular with them. Do you find wp8 to be good enough to be such a device?

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I would say that if you are buying into this OS, you shouldn't be looking to message anybody in any way other than:

1) Facebook chat
2) WLM,
3) Skype
4) Kik
5) Email and SMS.

Everything else, especially Whatsapp, is either a terrible experience or very poorly supported on WP. The development is just not there for this platform...yet.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I know that the text and windows live messenger experience is said to be excellent on windows phone. How have you guys found it? Any problems? How about messaging folk on other platforms not using SMS or WLM? How's the whole experience?

Many teenagers just want basic talk and text devices that are affordable, which is one reason BlackBerrys are still popular with them. Do you find wp8 to be good enough to be such a device?

Keep the bb for now, wait for os10, try it. If it doesn't ignite your kids excitement for touch screens, buy some extra bb devices they like and save em in a drawer.

Txting on anything other than a pghysical keyboard just plain sucks.

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say that if you are buying into this OS, you shouldn't be looking to message anybody in any way other than:

1) Facebook chat
2) WLM,
3) Skype
4) Kik
5) Email and SMS.

Everything else, especially Whatsapp, is either a terrible experience or very poorly supported on WP. The development is just not there for this platform...yet.
What windows phone do you own?

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Keep the bb for now, wait for os10, try it. If it doesn't ignite your kids excitement for touch screens, buy some extra bb devices they like and save em in a drawer.

Txting on anything other than a pghysical keyboard just plain sucks.

Err I don't have kids. I consider myself to be in the teen generation still.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa