Future Updates to WP8

Alberto Ortega

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
As most of us have already received and installed the Portico update, we had a few features included like the reply to text feature. I wanted to know what else is Microsoft capable of including in future updates to WP8 and what should they include in their future updates. Thoughts anyone?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
They have already said they want to make a notification center. So that's one thing that will be coming in Wp8, just don't know when.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Well...re-tooled versions of Xbox Music/Video would be nice. Also a Zune like DT interface too. The current Xbox experience is lousy. I can't watch videos from Xbox video on my phone? Stupid...

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Also Skype was poorly executed as well...versus being properly integrated. Lots of growing pains for MSFT still...however, I do like many other things they are doing.

SevenDead1ySinz

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I would really like to see genre-set equalizer settings. So that the user can set a different equalizer settings to be applied automatically depending of the genre tied to the metadata/ID3 tag of the mp3

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
As most of us have already received and installed the Portico update, we had a few features included like the reply to text feature. I wanted to know what else is Microsoft capable of including in future updates to WP8 and what should they include in their future updates. Thoughts anyone?
Most of us?? You MUST be American considering that bold statement. You DO realize NOONE but the US and Canada have received the update??
So by "most of us" you surely MUST have meant only a tiny part of the world have received Portico right??😃
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
He is assuming that most of the people have installed portico via updates or flashing.

You mean like everyone jailbreak their iPhone because there is a jailbreak available?? Or root their android because there is root available?
Only very few do compared to how many people have the devices.
Very few portico firmwares are available compared to all the countries out there and even fewer for the different carriers in the different countries.
So no matter if he think EVERYONE flashes (which they don't) it is a very bold statement considering how few portico firmwares actually are available.
Until Nokia actually push firmwares to other countries you can't claim that "most of us" have portico, when in reality the users in this forum who actually have portico is most likely the minority.

Alberto Ortega

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok, no need to get upset or anything, I meant for this post to include what people know about future updates and/or what they would like to see. I don't assume everyone flashes, and I don't assume that everyone has the update, that's why I said "most" of us (a vague word, as I don't know "EVERYONE" that uses windows phone.) All I want, is to know and hear what people have to say about the future updates and ideas for them. Pretty straight forward.

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, no need to get upset or anything, I meant for this post to include what people know about future updates and/or what they would like to see. I don't assume everyone flashes, and I don't assume that everyone has the update, that's why I said "most" of us (a vague word, as I don't know "EVERYONE" that uses windows phone.) All I want, is to know and hear what people have to say about the future updates and ideas for them. Pretty straight forward.

Oh, I'm not upset or anything. And sorry if it sounded like that. Just stating how it is.
Sometimes it's just hard to write something and not sound upset. But that was not my intention at all😊

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just fix the notification system.. that's seriously the only thing holding me back.. the day they get the notification system straightened out, that same day I'll get a Windows Phone smartphone and invest in Microsoft's ecosystem.

surfwashingtabs

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but the update is available outside the US too - and it's been shipping on new handsets in the UK before the release of the update in the US.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I live in Europe also, Portugal to be exact and we already have Portico available in all models and Networks over here, and all 3 of our operators sell at least 8X, at least one has the 8S and probably all have 920 also... So it is available outside of US and UK for that matter

thyttel

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Future Updates to WP8

Sorry, but you're both missing the point. Nokia has not pushed portico to any other countries than US/Canada. I don't really care if new handsets are coming with portico or not. Handsets already out all over the world did not get it.

And I don't know which magically store in the UK you found 920 with portico. My wife just got her yellow 920 yesterday unlocked from the UK and its not portico.
Maybe some of your carriers in the UK or Portugal decided to manually update their phones if firmware is available on Navifirm. But that doesn't change that people who already bought the phone on the same carrier didn't get portico simply because Nokia is not pushing it to phones other than US and Canadian.

So the majority of Lumia 920 owners around the world are still without portico.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb