How the **** do i get podcasts on my L920?

bramstone123

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I must be stupid but i have no idea how to get podcasts on my phone wpcentrel is no probs cos of this app but how do i get for example the mobile nation's podcast on my phone...?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
From the phone, Go into the Store. Click on Podcasts, Click on Magnifying Glass and Search for Mobile Nations. Select it and down at the bottom click on subscribe.

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What Area are you from? The Store may be blocking it due to region?

I'm in the US and I'm able to see both Audio and video podcasts and subscribe to them.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Does wpodder allow you to automatically download new episodes when they become available? I just installed the trial version and there is a setting called "automatic feed update" that is disabled in the trial version. I'm not sure if this feature would simply update the episode list with the latest ones or if it would actually download newer episodes automatically when they become available. Is there any other podcast player that allows this? I use PushPod on my Surface RT and it does exactly this, and allows me to configure how many episodes I want stored on my device. So if I set this number to 1, it automatically downloads a newer episode when it becomes available and deletes the older downloaded one automatically. Its awesome!

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Does wpodder allow you to automatically download new episodes when they become available? I just installed the trial version and there is a setting called "automatic feed update" that is disabled in the trial version. I'm not sure if this feature would simply update the episode list with the latest ones or if it would actually download newer episodes automatically when they become available. Is there any other podcast player that allows this? I use PushPod on my Surface RT and it does exactly this, and allows me to configure how many episodes I want stored on my device. So if I set this number to 1, it automatically downloads a newer episode when it becomes available and deletes the older downloaded one automatically. Its awesome!

No - no podcast app will do that except Microsoft's own podcast section in the music app.

Here's the problem with podcasts on Windows Phone. MS's own implementation isn't bad, but because it doesn't let you update the feeds more consistently (only updates feeds once per day), you're constantly behind. However, it will download automatically when it finds a new episode. The problem I was running into lately was the damn thing wasn't auto retrieving my podcasts, so I'd consistently have to go in manually and find my newest podcasts. It was a pain.

WPodder and Podcasts Pro are the two other podcast apps I've used, and they'll update feeds automatically, but they won't download the episodes. You have to manually tell it to download. MS doesn't allow third party apps to automatically start a download. I believe Podcast Picker is the same way, once you enter the app itself, it'll auto retrieve the newest podcast episodes and download them, but not until you actually enter the app. It won't download overnight while you're sleeping, for example.

So basically you can't have it all on a Windows Phone...yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos