Windows Phone Marketplace update issues.

jwilliams

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this but searching through all the threads was a no go. I've had my nokia 820 for a week now and the live tile for the Windows Store hasn't updated on it's own once. It's only updated when I go to an app that I know has an update and back out of the store. Is there anyway of finding updates without having to click through all the apps I have downloaded?

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No and there definitely have been a ton of these threads, seems to be quite the issue across the board on most phones, luckily I don't have that problem.

jwilliams

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
No and there definitely have been a ton of these threads, seems to be quite the issue across the board on most phones, luckily I don't have that problem.
Oh I didn't mean there wasn't any threads, I meant when I searched (since thankfully there's a lot of activity here) the relevant threads were burred beyond the pages I looked. That and I'm just lazy this morning. Was anyone able to come up with a fix?

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having this problem and it is extremely irritating. Somebody suggested unpinning the store tile, rebooting the phone and re-pinning it. The problem seems to stem from the fact that sometimes when the phone throws a fit and demands a soft reset, random background tasks get disabled and the store update is one of them! I only tried this alleged solution today so will have to wait until tomorrow morning to see whether or not it has worked.

EDIT: according to this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5d9760a309a?page=3&tm=1357383023915#LastReply

The potential fix is to do a soft reboot in between and also clear the IE history too.

jwilliams

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having this problem and it is extremely irritating. Somebody suggested unpinning the store tile, rebooting the phone and re-pinning it. The problem seems to stem from the fact that sometimes when the phone throws a fit and demands a soft reset, random background tasks get disabled and the store update is one of them! I only tried this alleged solution today so will have to wait until tomorrow morning to see whether or not it has worked.

EDIT: according to this Windows Phone 8 store not showing app updates on live tile - Microsoft Community

The potential fix is to do a soft reboot in between and also clear the IE history too.

I tried to do this also with no success. I guess the good thing is MS is aware of the problem so hopefully there will be a fix soon.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Aaaand the fix has apparently not worked for me. How irritating. I really hope there's an option to manually pull in updates in the next firmware. The current way also screws over people who turn their phone off/onto flight mode at night for example.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough I had 14 updates this morning - All I can think of that I did was go into an app that needed an update (words with friends) which put a badge on my icon. I then DID NOT download the update (I forgot), and this morning that 1 badge was showing 14. A potential fix?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo