Disable sound for dialing pad ???

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I dunno if this is posted in the right section.
I had a question here: Does anybody know how to disable the sound from the dialing pad when u type in a number. It is really loud and annoying.

Does anybody know a way or an app that does this?
Does anybody have this problem?

Also a SS if i didn't make myself clear enough.

wp_ss_20130105_0002.png

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
On my 920, I just go to settings>ringtones & sounds>scroll down>play a sound for>and uncheck the box for "key press".

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Put it on the vibrate mode before dialing by tapping the ringer icon, and enable it later.
Sure, that is possible, but unnecessary. I need to be able to hear my ringer so I keep it on 25-30 since I am not always around it or its in my pocket. Obviously, when dialing, it is neither of those scenarios. It is directly in from of my face and in active use so there is no need for it to be full volume. There is visual and haptic feedback already, I don't need deafening audible feedback as well. I shouldn't have to constantly toggle my volume. Just give me an option to disable the sound altogether.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
On my 920, I just go to settings>ringtones & sounds>scroll down>play a sound for>and uncheck the box for "key press".
thanks...bummer is can't be decoupled from the keyboard typing, as I actually like that sound and it isn't quite so loud as the dialing. If the dialing sound feedback was the same as the typing sound, this would be a non-issue.

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
thanks...bummer is can't be decoupled from the keyboard typing, as I actually like that sound and it isn't quite so loud as the dialing. If the dialing sound feedback was the same as the typing sound, this would be a non-issue.

i was wondering what other key pressed sounds there were, i thought it mean the front 3 buttons. :D
anyway that solution works for me also saves a little battery for those who type lots of msgs. :D
OT: there should be an app for customizing ringtones, also for msg alerts and others.

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah not to mention you can't completely mute your phone without lowering the following all the way. The Silent option should silence everything...

Srinivas Naik

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I use Lumia 520 and i recently upgraded to Windows 10. Unchecking Keypress option does not disable the sound when using dial pad. Whether I keep it checked or unchecked, does not make any difference. Any solutions?

sachinsachdeva13

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my Lumia 730, no effect of Key press option or making phone on vibration completely.
Dial pad tone annoys me, spcly when I am in office and want to be completely silent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss