Outlook.com email is not syncing with phone

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The latest hurdle in my ongoing effort to get off Gmail has just come up. I am trying to switch everything over to my Outlook.com mail account. I have it set up on my Lumia 920 and email is getting pushed down as it arrives. However, when I read, move, or delete an email, these changes are not synced back to the server.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Generally with the phone items get pushed down but actions you perform on the phone do not go back to the server in real time. See if you do a manual sync if the changes are seen.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have found that even when doing a manual sync, I cannot get the server to update items that I have read or deleted. If I move an item into a folder, it dies sync on the server. So, I have created a new folder called Archive. When I want to delete something, I just move it to that folder. The plus of this is that I will have a searchable database of all of my deleted mail (I just found out that you can't search the Deleted folder on Outlook.com). So, this works OK, but it still doesn't mark anything as read on the server. MS definitely has some work to do to get the WP mail app talking to outlook.com

I'll play with the mail app on my W8 laptop later this week.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Try setting it up as an Exchange ActiveSync (Outlook) account on your phone. If you're using outlook.com instead of hotmail.com, you'll just need to change the server name. Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync now available | Windows Phone Central
I thought that I had set it up as EAS, but I checked the settings for the server and it said: col-m.hotmail.com. I changed it to m.hotmail.com. It verified my settings and now it seems to be syncing properly (although I still need to do a manual sync for marking as read and move to folders). Interestingly, when I rechecked the settings, it now says: col-m.hotmail.com, the same as before. Apparently, it just reconnected but this time it did it right.

Thanks for your help!

Abita Springs

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Outlook.com will not synch. Keep getting Error Code: 80070057

It has always worked just fine and now it just will not synch. Any help would be appreciated because my Calendar is not synching either. Thanks so much.

Abita Springs

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much. Read the info and there appears to be an issue with the way folders are named. I have not renamed any folders but I will check to make sure. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss