Saved Attachetments, where do they go?

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Im getting emails with Music attached to them, when i click on the song from my gmail account at the attached file, the song start downloading and then in few seconds the download is over and a music icon appear beside the attached song. I click on the song to play it, it opens Music+ Videos app and start playing the song. If i click on home button the song stops, so it doesnt play in the background

But my question, if the song was downloading, where does it download. I have Nokia 920 and i cant find the song downloaded on my Music folder. i searched every where and i couldnt find it. Anyways, after few days, i wanted the songs name, so i went back to that email and i noticed that the song is playable and doesnt need to be downloaded. That means the song is saved somewhere. So i thought but wasnt sure it would be saved in IE 10 cache or something, so i deleted the history of IE10 and went back to my email to check. The song is still playable. If its saved on my nokia, where could it be? If in Others, that means i cant delete them at all

I connected my nokia to my PC to check if it will appear in the internal memory, sadly i couldnt find it either! Does anyone know where will the music go to?

I made another test, i download another song from another mail, the song is 4 MB, i checked the phone storage before and after and nothing really has changed :S im not really sure how is that possible

Last edited:

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
They are saved in some sort of offline cache that is not user accessible outside of the email, but over time it is probably and hopefully cleared automatically by the OS to maximize free space., as more messages come in or as space fills up.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
yep, i spoke to WP hacker and he said that they are saved in Temporary files that we cant have access on.. I hope they are cleared automatically anyways thanx buddy

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well this just kind of sucks... I have been emailed some mp3's for work etc... not drm music or anything. And I can't save them to my phone without having to go through the whole desktop sync stuff? Crap. That's kind of a pain.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, It's a pain because I want to save files ON my phone, in a place "I" can get to them. Just seems vindictive and apple like to not let users save or send files "normally".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea