Greg Sullivan: Windows phones selling like hotcakes in China and gaining success in USA

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Here's my 2 cp:

1. For "China", he might be talking about Great China which includes Hongkong + China Mainland + Taiwan.
2. For "Windows phones", he might be talking about WP7 or HTC
The first official Lumia 920 sales were in Shanghai on Dec. 24, and only 200 sets were available.
So basically Nokia Q4 sales in China will have nothing to do with WP8.

WP market share was getting better in China, but no way as hot as USA. 50% users using 610/710, they won't suddenly go for Lumia 920.

IMO what Greg said, was just a advertisement for coming holiday weeks.
Chinese Spring festival (equivalence for Chrismas+New Year) will be Feb.7-14, 2013. So the "Black Friday" will generally start next week when people get their annual bonus.
That's why Apple sold so many iPhone at 2012 Q1, instead of 2011 Q4.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I see there are still forum members sucking the life out of discussions with their thirst for attention. I've moved onto another platform and don't even trash windows phone

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Greg Sullivan: Windows phones selling like hotcakes in China and gaining success in USA

Just to cut this rumor before it spreads, the article imem speaks of comes from sohu.com.

In that article, it is mentioned that the capacity of their largest factory, the Nokia Beijing factory is about 2M Lumias per month. They also mention that at some point, the devices made there were manufactured in the following ratio:

Lumia 920: 20k / day or 600k / month
Lumia 820: 25k / day
Lumia 620: 20k / day

This ratio has most likely long since been adjusted to suit the market demand more accurately, but at some point it was roughly this.

I would like to point out that it's useless to try to use these numbers in any sort of estimations or calculations because they are not official, up to date nor even complete. We have no idea when the device production began and these numbers only speak of the Beijing factory when Nokia manufactures smartphones also in other locations such as Mexico and South Korea.

Aye that's the one
And agree that you can't make a estimate summary on that

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Greg Sullivan: Windows phones selling like hotcakes in China and gaining success in USA

But you said 600k phones a month, not 600k Lumia 920 phones.

Yes and how is perfect?
I remembered wrong.
No big deal IMO

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I see there are still forum members sucking the life out of discussions with their thirst for attention. I've moved onto another platform and don't even trash windows phone
You know there still is a Windows Phone waiting for you. I think you've played around with the dark side long enough.

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

You know there still is a Windows Phone waiting for you. I think you've played around with the dark side long enough.

Agree

The force is strong in this one.
Don't be afraid then you end up in the dark side

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven