Confused about IE and bing search

thegooner

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
This may be operator independent, but I can configure IE to use the Google search engine. A further difference between the two search methods is that with Bing, one can scan QR codes, translate text or identify what music is playing...

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Im assuming you're asking why there is a search button(bottom right) on the phone, as well as the IE shortcut to go to the internet if they both go directly to Bing. If this is what you're asking, the search button will ONLY take you to Bing. The IE shortcut will take u to your homepage, default just happens to be Bing.com

Hope this helps

Shawn

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
@philpeeps, please elaborate.
If you search to get to every link you get to when browsing the web, then sure, they are the same thing. Bing (the search button) is JUST a search tool. No bookmarks, no tabs, ny directly typing into a URL to go directly to a site, etc...

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I guess it's for that if you just want to search and are already in IE browsing the web you can enter a search term in the search bar. If you're in another app and want to do something else besides search then there's the search button as well.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I think maybe its phone dependent. My HTC HD7 on Tmobile uses google as default IE search. My HTC 8X on Tmobile directs me to bing.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well the search button isn't just a bing button. As mentioned earlier you can scan QR codes. But hey! What if you swipe the screen to the right. :eek:

Swipe it again!

Annndd again...

You're welcome ;)

aztec12

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else? If all you need is to search something ,they (IE and Bing) will both come up with the same exact results right?

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else? If all you need is to search something ,they (IE and Bing) will both come up with the same exact results right?

Assuming you have IE set up to use Bing as its search engine, then I'll tentatively say 'yes' you would see the same results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa