Sorting photos by date...issue.

Trader05

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, I've ran into an issue while transferring old pictures to my Lumia 920. With my old Focus it would sort all my pictures by date perfectly. This time with the new phone, it puts a lot of pictures under January 2013. I deleted it from the phone and through PC, same problem. Anyone else run into this problem? Any solutions?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Holy this really pissed me off

I had this issue with my old photos from my N9/N8 and dug into try and fix it.

You need to update the EXIF information of the photo cause it seems to use a flag called Create Date to order the files. Well that's the one inconsistency. Anyways, to get it all I decided to update all the pictures EXIF date informations to be the same date. It seem Date/Time Original exists everywhere but is not used by WP8 to sort so I used that date which was still good to update everydate possible in the picture exif info.

I used a command line tool called exiftool ExifTool by Phil Harvey

and used this command to update all dates information in the EXIF

exiftool "-datetimeoriginal>Alldates" *.jpg

And now my pictures going back to Aug 2011 are properly grouped and sorted.

Trader05

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
cool thanks i'll check that out.

::update::

I tried that tool and it still doesn't work for my photos. :/

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you can find a different date for those. You can drag and drop a picture file on top of the exiftool (-k).exe file to see all the exif info. Use the original backup images that were created.

renster721

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Holy this really pissed me off

I had this issue with my old photos from my N9/N8 and dug into try and fix it.

You need to update the EXIF information of the photo cause it seems to use a flag called Create Date to order the files. Well that's the one inconsistency. Anyways, to get it all I decided to update all the pictures EXIF date informations to be the same date. It seem Date/Time Original exists everywhere but is not used by WP8 to sort so I used that date which was still good to update everydate possible in the picture exif info.

I used a command line tool called exiftool ExifTool by Phil Harvey

and used this command to update all dates information in the EXIF

exiftool "-datetimeoriginal>Alldates" *.jpg

And now my pictures going back to Aug 2011 are properly grouped and sorted.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I also don't know how to really use this tool to update my EXIF information. Do you think you could provide more step by step instructions for a noob like me?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa