Couple of random noob questions

Toezilla

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just had a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. They're kind of odd and didn't notice anything on the forums previously posted in regards to what I have to ask.

1) Is there any sort of performance set back on Windows 8 devices based on how much stuff you put on them? For example, will my phone still feel as fluid and buttery smooth with 500 apps on it and almost all of my storage used as it does with 50 apps on it?

2) Are there any concerns with Windows 8 devices in regards to temperature? I work out doors quite often and I live in Canada so it's often in my pocket in weather that is well below zero. Can extreme cold harm my device? Specifically, I have an HTC 8x.

3) I use my phone while it's plugged in all the time. Will this hurt battery life?

Thanks in advance.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
1. Not that i have seen. Although I never seen 500 apps on a phone.

2. No. Its freezing outside where I am and there is is no effect.

3. Um this may kill how much energy the battery holds over time.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
to 1.

I don't have a WP8 device, but my WP7.5 HTC Arrive was 100% lag free and as fast as on the first day after being on for 111 days. I was testing WP at that time and didn't turn it of even once during the 111 days. One could call me a heavy user with a lot of apps (don't know how many I had back then, but my guess would be 90+ because of all the app-testing I did for some friends of mine). So all in all it was a really nice experience and I had to restart the phone just because of the tango-update waiting for me :)

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1. No, I run over 100 apps on my device. Just don't run too many background tasks, and you are fine.

2. Can't awnser that, don't live anywhere below zero.

3. I don't think so, but I don't recommend it.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
not windows specific because I don't have it, but I do network engineering and can be on a call with MS for 16+ hours for network/server downs, and after a call like that (plugged in most of the time while using the phone + texting) I normally have to get a new battery. The batteries just don't like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077