Microsoft Account Sync Issues

Mackofalltrades

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone who is having Skype Beta type issues, but doesn't have the Skype app, listen up.

Do not link your Facebook (FB) account to your messaging. It will cause your accounts to sync constantly (or at least it did it to me). All symptoms are consistent with people who have the Skype problem. Apps open and close immediately, accounts sync constantly, emails don't get through, etc. This issue started recently and took me all afternoon to figure out. I did not do a hard reset, so I do not know if that will fix the problem permanently (so you can turn FB chat back on), but the below steps worked for me.

Try Settings>Applications>Messaging and turn off the "Use Facebook Chat"

You may or may not need to delete your Facebook account from your phone, restart and then add your FB account. Do not turn on FB chat. I hope this helps.

This issue started for me around 1/3/13. I have a Nokia Lumia 822 (Verizon) and have had it since before Thanksgiving.

warrickwars

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem with the sync continuously after enabling facebook chat. Uninstalled Skype did solve the problem. Do you mean that if I have the Skype I should not turn on the FB chat? or could I not install Skype and use FB chat?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven