Streaming Music

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, sorry if this has already been posted, but going through forums is not my strong point.

I recently purchased the Lumia 920, and I've been playing around with the new features (having owned a HTC 7 Mozart beforehand).
One of the things I've noticed is in the Music section with streaming music. Firstly, I love this idea, but I cannot understand it.

Playing around in the Windows Phone app (I'm using Windows 8 on my laptop), there are no mentions there, however when I go to my phone via the Explorer, I notice all the albums, artists and playlists stored there. I delete them, but they keep popping back up.

Granted, I can always keep the option turned off, but I'd like to know why it is happening (and thus, rectify). There was one thread which mentioned Zune purchases (which may the situation for the albums, although not properly sync'd and having the correct album info), but it doesn't explain my Playlists nor the fact that I have, what seems to be, all my individual songs listed, but not each of the albums (they just seem to be the purchase lot).
Now I know it hasn't got to do with my Zune, as some newer albums/songs don't show up, nor with my old phone, as the albums on there aren't in my stream, nor has it to do with my Skydrive (again, in the other thread) because I don't have any of these songs on my Skydrive.

So, any ideas?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you're talking about the Xbox Music cloud collection. Go to music -> settings and turn off "Xbox Music cloud collection" and those will go away.

Right now this feature doesn't quite work right, which explains why not all the Zune stuff shows up in there, etc.

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yea, it seemed to be that way.

A few days ago I was on Twitter with @WindowsSupport over the course of a day or so, and all the answers they provided ended up me finding more problems, which I fixed myself before they gave a solution.

Right now I'm down to disabling anything to do with Cloud and needing to go through each of the songs to make sure they are in the correct album (Xbox Music decided to split the tracks into different albums, some of which go into completely different albums).
Even on my Lumia, the tracks aren't in the correct albums (for instance, one album has been split into three different albums, despite all having the exact same metadata).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05