Duplicated song tracks on windows 8 phone.

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the same damm problem man. But as our friend above said, first go to folder option and then check the show hideen folders. Then go to your phone storage, and exclude the following folders: Artist, playlists and albuns. And Delete all of your songs. After search on google for mp3 tag. Download it and then open the program and drag the folder with all of the songs you want to sync to ya phone. At your left side you will se things like artist, album name, year and so on. All you need is to select all of the songs and at album and artist name chose exclude, and click on the little disket at the top. Then at the same place you selected exclude put a the name of the album in both that you've excluded and save it again, Now all that you have to do, is: to copy the folder with the modified songs to ya phone and that's it,:cool:

safeer2222

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Before 1 month, i got the same problem. But deleting all content in the music folder(internal memory), it get fixed. But now the same problem is in pictures..

peja90

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same problem with the music and the images. I got rid of it when I started using MediaMonky month ago. I deleted all the music from the phone, and I returned it to the phone via MediaMonky. I use the phone's memory, no memory card. Soon I'll get a memory card and I'll tell you what happens ... I still have not solved the problem with pictures ... Use Nokia Lumia 620.

Michal Kloc

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I was having the same problem - 30x the same music file (music app on Windows Phone 8 shows that), but under Windows Explorer there was of course only 1 file. But i found other way to resolve this problem - sync music under Windows Media Player. I`ve made the same music files on my 16 GB SD card but under WMP, and there was OK. No multiple music files! Previously i was trying to resolve this by formatting SD Card, but without success.

Good luck!

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The only foolproof way I have discovered is not to use the USB cable at all, as much as it is a pain. Put your SD in an adapter and add tracks via the PC.
I've had no trouble since.
I don't use playlists, I don't see the point of them, so I just dragged and dropped albums.

However, I now cannot use Nokia music at all for after a failed sync of a playlist, NM now has a permanent list of artists that are not on the SD card or phone any longer. I've uninstalled NM and reinstalled it and they are still there. It's crazy. I am reluctant to try a hard reset but I don't know where the phone is picking up these artists from - there is nothing on the "Phone" folder.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
The only foolproof way I have discovered is not to use the USB cable at all, as much as it is a pain. Put your SD in an adapter and add tracks via the PC.
I've had no trouble since.
I don't use playlists, I don't see the point of them, so I just dragged and dropped albums.

However, I now cannot use Nokia music at all for after a failed sync of a playlist, NM now has a permanent list of artists that are not on the SD card or phone any longer. I've uninstalled NM and reinstalled it and they are still there. It's crazy. I am reluctant to try a hard reset but I don't know where the phone is picking up these artists from - there is nothing on the "Phone" folder.

I'm using Media Monkey to sync my songs with Lumia 820. After that, I haven't multiplicated songs anymore. I'm really happy with this program.

Vyshak J

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
i found a easiest solution for this problen brothers.
1.connect ur phone to the pc.
2.move all songs to the phone memory.
then eject ur phone.

3.goto music +videos
select all the songs and select ... three dots and select copy to sd card.
wait till the copying completes.
now delete the songs in the phone memory.
thats it

Guma72

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced the problem with duplicate song names when stored on SD card (Samsung ATIV S). After checking some other solutions found elsewhere, I've found a simple one that worked for me. After ejecting the card, I've just removed all hidden system folders (in fact, all except Music, Pictures, Videos and Documents). After re-plugging the card, all duplicates disappeared. Simple, quick, with no copying nor any other magic.
Hope this way helps someone :)

devarshi1692

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I know how to deal with this problem of mulitple tracks;
to solve the issue with multiple sound tracks....what all u have to do is two things...first- no need to sync it with Xbox music becoz then again OS problem will occur...and second- when u copy paste your audio tracks from ur pc to your windows phone, select the audio files u want to copy, open the tab of your phone in your pc, there u will see folders like ringtones,pictures,videos, and music,, u have to open MUSIC folder and then create a new folder in it saying anything u want like, latest tracks...and then open the new folder just created and then paste ur earlier copied audio files..and then chek ur fone u will no longer face the problem of multiple tracks........
and to fight back the problem of multiple video files all u have to do convert your video into Windows Media Video file and then copy it to your fone's video folder displayed in ur pc.......one thing to note if u copied .mp4 format of video file, then there is no way u can solve this multiple videos issue ,............
hope the above mentioned solution works for u guys too...as it worked for my lumia 920

sophiej201

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
i am also having the same issue with the duplicated songs in the Nokia music app on my Lumia 620, and i am only using a 16GB micro sd card that has almost 12GB of space free

Ashish Kakade05

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have found one solution....first connect your phone to computer and delete all the songs from sd card. Then eject your mobile and open music+videos you will find songs that you have deleted.... Then again delete the songs from the phone and then again connect your phone to computer and copy all the songs again.....and now your problem will be settled..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3